Post-brace treatment

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Vesperia

Post-brace treatment

#1 Post by Vesperia »

Hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I have an enquiry about treatment after getting your braces off.

I got my top brace off last week after having it on for 18 months. However, there is one tooth which is not perfectly aligned ever so slightly (I did not notice this when my brace was on).

I have an appointment next week to discuss this, but I thought i'd ask others if they have had a similar experience; and what treatment they had to fix it. Would it require the orthodontist to put another brace on? Or can you fix it simply with a particular kind of retainer due to the movement only being minor?

Thanks!