Will a lefort 1 change the midface ratio?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MetalMilitia123

Will a lefort 1 change the midface ratio?

#1 Post by MetalMilitia123 »

Hi, I have been told that I am a candidate for a Lefort 1 maxillary impaction. I have a gummy smile and id very much like to fix that. One thing I still do not understand is will this procedure actually change the midface ratio? I know it will shorten the actual bones but will this impact the soft tissues at all? I have a midface ratio of around 1.8 based off photos of myself, this is on the long side and I feel self conscious about that. Obviously fixing the gummy smile would be great and also I was told this procedure would improve the apearance of my cheek bones and jaw which would be a boost to me, but I think going through such an invasive procedure would only really be worth it to me if it could make some difference to me my midface which is the I hate the most about my appearance. I have googled and seen a few studies but my understanding of the topic and english is way too bad to understand them. The orpho surgeon I spoke with didn´t give me enough time to ask any questions about this. Please help me with advice guys. Thank you so much for help and im sorry that my english is very bad.

MetalMilitia123

Re: Will a lefort 1 change the midface ratio?

#2 Post by MetalMilitia123 »

Bump. Anyone???

Electric

Re: Will a lefort 1 change the midface ratio?

#3 Post by Electric »

I would think so. It's usually the solution to those who suffer from a midface deficiency. Isn't it?