Is there a way to 'speed up' power chains?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

EllenR

Is there a way to 'speed up' power chains?

#1 Post by EllenR »

Hello people. The title says it all. I was wondering if there's a way to speed up the process of closing gaps I can do along with the power chains? Thank you.

NYG2007

Re: Is there a way to 'speed up' power chains?

#2 Post by NYG2007 »

No. The best thing to do is follow your orthos instruction.
Braces worn for 2 Years 4 Days

Blog: http://nygbracesjourney.blogspot.com/

Bracingmyself901

#3 Post by Bracingmyself901 »

Ask your orthodontist about acceledent or similar devices.

EllenR

#4 Post by EllenR »

ok. thank you guys :)

NeilH

#5 Post by NeilH »

From what I have read, there is little evidence at the moment that devices like Acceledent speed up the process so tread cautiously. Orthodontics takes time and there are plenty of good reasons why going to fast isn't the best option.