A Less Expensive Alternative to Acceledent: BitePod20

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

A Less Expensive Alternative to Acceledent: BitePod20

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

There is an inexpensive alternative to Acceledent. It is called BitePod20. It costs $189 and is sold at DentaKit.com. It does not "expire" after a period of time, and takes a household 9 volt battery. You can buy replacement mouthpieces for it so that other members of your household can use it, or you can sell it when you're done with it. You can find the product here: http://www.dentakit.com/bitepod20.html You can get free shipping on this item with coupon code FreeShip69. Also, it is on sale for $179 until the end of this month, so you'll save $10 in addition to getting free shipping (to the US).

BitePod20 delivers the same low frequency vibration as Acceledent. The only real difference is that it doesn't officially claim to speed up treatment time.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

djspeece

Re: A Less Expensive Alternative to Acceledent: BitePod20

#2 Post by djspeece »

Lynn, you may want to consider making this a sticky!
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Dureena

#3 Post by Dureena »

How much would it be to ship this product to the UK?

bbsadmin

#4 Post by bbsadmin »

Dureena wrote:How much would it be to ship this product to the UK?
That depends on the shipping method you use. Shipping internationally can get quite expensive. DentaKit uses the US Postal Service, which has the lowest rates of all the carriers, and still it can be quite expensive. And there might be Customs fees when you receive it. If you start an order and then fill in your shipping information, choose your shipping method (Priority International or Express International), and hit Apply, you will see the shipping cost.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

bbsadmin

#5 Post by bbsadmin »

djspeece wrote:Lynn, you may want to consider making this a sticky!
Good idea!

beachit13

#6 Post by beachit13 »

Does it work as well as Acceledent? I've heard it doesn't work quite as well but would love more information so I can recommend it over Acceledent in the future (Acceledent was expensive as heck).

EntrancedBoar91

#7 Post by EntrancedBoar91 »

I'm curious if it works as well as acceledent too...

passcoder

#8 Post by passcoder »

Is there any data to this?

HikaRiku2

#9 Post by HikaRiku2 »

I alway felt that if there's no pain, there's no gain. So every time I had new wires, etc at my ortho appt, I would purposely eat on the side that hurt more. I truly think that helps to fasten the process of straightening teeth. I thought I would share that to help others who may not be able to get the devices that will help quicken the process.

bretthov

#10 Post by bretthov »

adding to this thread in hopes someone who has used the product can pass on any feedback and also if there are links to trials/tests that show its effectiveness. would love to get something to help speed up treatment as acceledent is expensive and you have to go to a ortho who is authorized to get it and mine is not.

DeSnek

#11 Post by DeSnek »

Curious if there has been any updated data to this? I’ve been reading about acceledent and I’m skeptical to say the least. I wouldn’t worry as much with this potentially smaller investment

twentytwenty

#12 Post by twentytwenty »

Based on the one article I've looked at (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5709826/) looks like there's not really any evidence to suggest any clear advantage to it. But equally there was no clear information on the possible damage it could cause.

So from my viewpoint, with the high price and no evidence for gains I'd just say avoid.