End is looming, concerned...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

denSMSgt

End is looming, concerned...

#1 Post by denSMSgt »

Howdy gang,

The threat of 'check for deband' at next appointment was made last time and I have a semi-unexpected concern-- on the bottom.

Can't believe I'm doing this, but since I've seen folks post pix and poll the group for ideas, what do y'all think of the way my first and second molars are two years ago compared to this month. Am I just looking to closely here and this is a non issue, or do my lowers seem odd?

I'm also not super happy with how my overbite/deep bite isn't as improved as I'd hoped, but that's another post later I guess. ;-)

Interested in your thoughts. I really want to ensure stuff is fixed properly this time AND I'm satisfied, or at least a quality explanation from ortho on my concerns.

Smile all! :tingrin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leebie3

Re: End is looming, concerned...

#2 Post by Leebie3 »

hmm I wouldn't be happy with the bottoms either :s Does the ortho have an explanation as to why the molars aren't straight ?

38yr old Mum to 3 (2 teens and a preppie) living in paradise with her man. BSSO surgery approx late April 2014!

Anna5

#3 Post by Anna5 »

Hello!

Your molars are indeed not straight, maybe your ortho did this to correct a crossbite?
On the other side, it is your molar region, so not visible to people, that makes it a bit better I think.
But I would defnitely raise your concerns to your ortho. Good luck!

denSMSgt

#4 Post by denSMSgt »

Appreciate the thoughts y'all!

I will definitely be bringing this up, though my gut feel on my ortho, even though he's super-nice, he doesn't like to be questioned. I understand that, he's the trained pro, and only can do so much with what mess each individual brings through genetics etc.

I wasn't overly happy with my end result last decade, and the old ortho just starting popping brackets off unexpectedly at an appointment, stating completion... :-(

I'm really easy going and don't like conflict, but I really think I have to push for answers and current ortho explanation on why he feels we're complete (and I'm not happy).

I'm of course open to more thoughts and will even throw a couple other current pix up here too.

Smile gang, and I'll try to as well! :tingrin:

Jethro

#5 Post by Jethro »

Hey denSMSgt ,

Looking at the photos, your molars clearly look more rotated/tipped now than they did initially, and don't appear aligned with the rest of the arch. I would definitely discuss this with your ortho. After what you've been through, you deserve a great result.

All the best.

GettingStraight

#6 Post by GettingStraight »

Today was supposed to be my "lets do impressions for retainers" day but the final tweaks they made at my last adjustment seemed to be making things worse rather than better and I wasn't happy with my lowers. I mentioned this to my orthodontist and I ended up being there for an hour with a fairly substantial adjustment. It looks like I'll be in braces for a few more months now rather than a few more weeks, but after nearly 3 years I want to be happy with the final result. I don't like conflict much either so I was nervous bringing this up, but I'm glad I did.