Transferring orthodontist

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

zambiewambie

Transferring orthodontist

#1 Post by zambiewambie »

Anyone have any experience transferring to another orthodontist? How much did it cost and what did it entail?

Plumcore

Re: Transferring orthodontist

#2 Post by Plumcore »

Im about to transfer orthos as im moving to a different country. What the ortho i contacted asked for was this: referral from the old ortho, the type and size of braces (my case ROTH and 0.22) , and the full documentation (xrays, pictures, notes etc). And they charged a fixed sum for the rest of the treatment. This was in my case where she could work on my type of bracers, but other orthos may not work with yours and may ask to install new ones, which would cost extra.

zambiewambie

#3 Post by zambiewambie »

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the original treatment cost? And how much money is your new orthodontist charging you? I assume they give you a number based on how many months are left in the treatment?

I'm curious as to how the pricing works. I've already paid in the full sum, but how much would I have to pay the new orthodontist if I were to transfer?

Plumcore

#4 Post by Plumcore »

I don't think my case would help you much in that aspect. Like i said im switching countries too. I'm going from a country where the minimum wage is 250 euros/month to one where it's over 1000 euros/month. So i am going to be charged much more that what i ever paid here. However my ortho only ever gave me a ballpark price, she cant give me a full price untill she actually sees me and sees where i am now. It's difficult to say how many months are left right off the bad. They need to see how fast your teeth move in this stage of the treatment. Best advice i can give, is prep your file, and go with that to an appointment. Then they can tell you whats what.

zambiewambie

#5 Post by zambiewambie »

Thanks for answering and for the advice. I'm definitely in a bad situation at the moment, but hopefully after my consultation, things will turn for the better.