braces coming off...splints to be installed

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rusty'sMom

braces coming off...splints to be installed

#1 Post by Rusty'sMom »

After two years I finally I have a debanding date of June 17! This should be a day of fun. Debanding early in the morning then right off to reg. dentist to have several splints installed (I have had these in the past ...little wires drilled in to the tooth and securing two teeth together then covered with bonding material). I am not sure how many I will have but from the sound of their discussion it is more than just a few. Is this a permanent retainer? Then I will be heading right back to the ortho in the afternoon for impressions for an essix retainer. Is there anyone out there who has had a similar experience? I am concerned about teeth being loose and moving, and adjusting to the retainer. Also, I am wondering if permanent bridges will be part of the plan for my molar spaces, since I am not a candidate for implants. Any comments appreciated.
[Image
[/url]]

[Image
[/url]]