Quad Helix Pain

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lvblazelaw

Quad Helix Pain

#1 Post by lvblazelaw »

Hey all! I am new to braces (got them 3/14/13) and also had a quad Helix installed at the same time. I had my wisdom teeth pulled the next day and I am experiencing more pain from the quad Helix than I am with my wisdom teeth extractions. Any ideas on how to make life with a quad Helix less miserable? I'm dying here! My tongue is so incredibly sore.I'm

Pearlywhite14

Re: Quad Helix Pain

#2 Post by Pearlywhite14 »

eventually you really do get used to it! i think i had mine in for about 5-6 months in total, its been off a while now and i actually cant remember how long its been. I couldnt talk for the first few weeks because the tongue rubbing on it was just agony and that came and went occasionally for the duration... BUT you do get used to it, i think i must have trained my tongue to either sit in a different part of my mouth, or to 'man up' and not feel the pain so much anymore ;-)

pellepee

Re: Quad Helix Pain

#3 Post by pellepee »

I totally feel your pain! No pun intended. The only advice I have is wax. Lots of dental wax on the coiled sections, you start drooling a bit but its the only way to let your tongue settle down and be able to deal with the ulcers. I've had mine for about 11 months now and it's about a month or two before you get used to it.