Should I get my power chain off

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Mylovedtheeth

Should I get my power chain off

#1 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

I have power chain on my 5 front bottom teeth. Lower lateral incisor was extracted and braces were installed. Now, after almost 3 weeks my bottom front teeth still hurt a lot, especially right central incisor next to the extraction gap. I concern, is pressure to high, is this safe for my teeth? I assume that i can't remove power chain by myself cause wire will pop out. I gonna call my ortho tomorrow and ask if this is safe and other remove power chain by now till next adjustment.
What is your experience with power chains?
I'm debraced after 2 rears and 1 weak of treatment.

nikkibabie19

Re: Should I get my power chain off

#2 Post by nikkibabie19 »

Its a lot of pressure...But it does get the job done....
Hey there called POWER chains after all...

I had to go through them since day one in braces....with a HUGE gap...I got an instant headache..But after seeing the changes the next morning i 4got about my discomfort

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

Mylovedtheeth

#3 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Yes, there was movement, now it stops, but still hurts. How long should it be painful?

Mylovedtheeth

#4 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

So I called ortho, he's on holiday till next week :( The assistant told me there's nothing she can do about it till next Monday, she can ask a dentist who is also ortho assistant and call me back but I'm waiting, shes not calling.
I'm depressed :cry:

CoryDaniels

#5 Post by CoryDaniels »

Honestly, I don't think you need to worry. Usually when I get my power chains, Mine hurt for like 2 weeks and then off and on untill I get them changed again.

JillD

#6 Post by JillD »

Are you saying your doctor had put powerchains on the same day when he put braces on your teeth? I was told that doctors put only very light wire when you just get braces because they don't want to put too much pressure right away. I had very light wire only for the first ten weeks and then a thicker wire. Powerchains came a lot later. Doesn't anyone think putting on powerchais right away create too much pressure to the teeth that didn't have any time to get used to any kind of pressure?

Mylovedtheeth

#7 Post by Mylovedtheeth »

Yes, the same day I was braced power chain went on. Although the wire is very light and power chain is light size also sth like that -o-o-o- not ooooo. There was extraction of lower incisor so was a visible gap, he install an artificial tooth at wire and to do that he bend wire twice, I can't describe it clearly but its like the wire between teeth next to extraction gap wasn't active, I think that's why light power chain went on.
now my ortho is on holiday, but I begged and I manage to have an appointment this Thursday with a dentist who is also otho assistant an she can put power chain off and install normal ligatures. So no more pressure till next adjustment

Angel269

#8 Post by Angel269 »

I have had a powerchain on for about 4 months or so and I still have had not had a gap close-not an extraction gap but residual space after closing my upper midline diastema (space in front of my right canine).

Hurt a lot when I first had them to close my diastema but I can hardly call it a powerchain anymore :-(

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

My braces story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42457

Impressions-08/06/12
Big Day-22/06/12
Started using Bite Plate-14/07/12
Estimated treatment-8 months (upper ceramics)
Debond date-04/03/13