I'm free!!! Braces are off!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hypocrite opportunist

I'm free!!! Braces are off!

#1 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

Went through the removal process this morning- some of it was a bit painful, but overall it wasn't too bad. I was shocked when I saw my teeth- it's as if they had taken someone else's teeth and inserted them in my mouth! It really weirds me out every time I look in the mirror, but I love them and I am so happy I did this. Here are some before and after photos:

Week One

Today
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

auco99

Re: I'm free!!! Braces are off!

#2 Post by auco99 »

hypocrite opportunist wrote:Went through the removal process this morning- some of it was a bit painful, but overall it wasn't too bad. I was shocked when I saw my teeth- it's as if they had taken someone else's teeth and inserted them in my mouth! It really weirds me out every time I look in the mirror, but I love them and I am so happy I did this. Here are some before and after photos:

Week One

Today

Wow, they look great! Congrats! I cannot wait until it's my turn to write this post.
Uppers: Ceramic Damons, braced 1-31-12
Lowers: Metal, braced 5-31-12

kellyb

#3 Post by kellyb »

Amazing result! Congrats :D

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

tmroy79

#4 Post by tmroy79 »

Wow! Happy Debrace day!!!!! :jump: :lol:

AM21

#5 Post by AM21 »

Beautiful Smile! Congrats!! :D
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

hypocrite opportunist

#6 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

Thanks so much everyone! The last 18 months would have been ten times harder if I hadn't found this message board and all the support here.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

Jahs2015

#7 Post by Jahs2015 »

Congratulations! Your smile looks great!

catgyrl

#8 Post by catgyrl »

Beautiful! Just beautiful! Your smile reminds me of Scarlett Johansen's. She's gorgeous...

May I ask if your ortho left you with a very small bit of an overjet (like, 1mm or so)? I ask because I'm supposed to be debraced soon, and while my overjet isn't noticeable head-on, it is when I tilt my head back. I almost don't care about it anymore, and would choose debracing over 6 more months of braces, if he said he may not be able to fix it.

Was the painful part the removal of the brackets, or the sanding off of the bonding material?

CONGRATS!!!

hypocrite opportunist

#9 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

Your smile reminds me of Scarlett Johansen's.
This made me laugh, because people have told me for years, even strangers, that I look like her! It's so funny that you made the same comparison with only seeing my mouth!
May I ask if your ortho left you with a very small bit of an overjet (like, 1mm or so)?
I just went and looked at my teeth again, and I would say I have a very slight overjet. My right front tooth actually sticks out a bit more that the left (they aren't "perfect"), but it didn't bother me enough to keep wearing the braces. No one can, or ever will, notice it except me. However, celebrity perfection was never my goal to begin with, so it just depends what you want out of your braces. I actually like a little overjet, because my two front teeth were tilted pretty far backwards when I started, and now they are so dang prominent in my mouth I think it looks cool!
Was the painful part the removal of the brackets, or the sanding off of the bonding material?
There were probably 4-5 brackets that were REALLY stuck on there good and she had to apply so much pressure to remove them it hurt. Also, I have very sensitive teeth, and when she was sanding off the cement, the assistant was blowing cold air on each tooth and that was very painful for me.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

catgyrl

#10 Post by catgyrl »

LOL! I'm always hesitant to comment that someone resembles a certain celebrity because sometimes they don't find them as attractive as I do. But Scarlett is gorgeous!

You've made me feel so much better now! I, too, have the same issue with my front-right tooth sticking out slightly farther than my left one. (It always has, and now that I think about it, I think it's a family trait. I have siblings and even a nephew with the same teeth.) I've been debating on whether it's worth keeping the braces on longer to try to "fix it", or to just accept that really... Only me and my orthodontist notice it (with my head tilted back). Heck, people claim they never even noticed my bucky teeth to begin with. I also think a bit of an overjet is kinda cute.

I'm sure I will have the same issue with sensitive teeth during debracing, but at that point... I won't give a hoot! :D

Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease. Enjoy your time in "Retainer-ville"!

hypocrite opportunist

#11 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

I was just chatting with a friend of mine this morning that also happened to have braces removed last month, and she pointed out that one of her incisors sticks out more than her other teeth- I couldn't notice at all. We are our own worst critics, and I think it helps to put things in perspective sometimes by asking other people. I asked a few friends and my boyfriend if they noticed my front tooth when I smiled, and they all said NO. That was good enough for me! And I definitely do not regret having them removed when I did. :)

Good luck with the removal process, you'll do great. I can't wait to see your final pictures!! Maybe have a ocean before hand to loosen up. hahaha
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

hypocrite opportunist

#12 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

An "ocean" hahaha I love the censor on here.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

Sita

#13 Post by Sita »

Beautiful smile! Congratulations to you. :-)

Ceramic uppers, metal lowers put on March 6 2012 to fix spacing issues and traumatic malocclusion. Estimated treatment time is 24 months.

Ellebraced

#14 Post by Ellebraced »

GORGEOUS smile!!!!

Congrats. You must be sooooooo happy.

Enjoy I can't wait to be brace free too !!

And yes this website is the best, makes this process a whole lot easier.

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

hypocrite opportunist

#15 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

Enjoy I can't wait to be brace free too !!

Ellebraced, you're getting close!! Wear those elastics non-stop. I used to change mine 4-5 times a day to keep the pressure on the teeth, and I swear it made a difference.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]