Black Triangles After Braces/Gum Recession

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

UGHBRACES

Re: Black Triangles After Braces/Gum Recession

#16 Post by UGHBRACES »

The thing I wouldn`t like about veneers is they would cover the whole surface of your two front teeth. Whereas, the bonding would only fill in your little problem area and it would blend in so well that nobody would ever know it wasn't real. I know people who have bonding on the lower part of their tooth(the part that would come into direct contact with the food they bite into), and it lasts years and years. With bonding up at the gumline, it wouldn`t feel much of the force from the food you bite down into, but the veneers would and for that reason I could actually see the bonding in that area lasting longer.