A LITTLE BAD NEWS ;-(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

uvraise

A LITTLE BAD NEWS ;-(

#1 Post by uvraise »

So, Ive been anticipating my debanding date of January the 20th. My ortho told me today that I would have to wait an additional two weeks from that appointment date to get them off. They will take molds for the essex ratainers and the permanent retainers at that time. The earliest they could get me an appointment after the January 20th is February the 10th, almost three weeks later! Not real happy about it, but what can I do? Oh well, I've waited this long!

pasr16

Re: A LITTLE BAD NEWS ;-(

#2 Post by pasr16 »

most people here still have more than a year left i think you'll be okay

Loztredders

#3 Post by Loztredders »

Smile and be happy :-)
I'd kill to be in your position, I have to wait at least 16 weeks to even get my braces on, be thankful.

Jethro

#4 Post by Jethro »

Hang in there UV, you're almost there...at least you have a date!! :jump:

SilverGirl

#5 Post by SilverGirl »

That has got to be SO FRUSTRATING!!! I know that once I get a date I'll be so conscious of wanting them off - I'm trying to not even think about how much longer I have. I might actually tell my ortho to just surprise me! Would be kind of nice to go in for a routine adjustment one day and leave brace-free.

RedDress

#6 Post by RedDress »

uvraise wrote:So, Ive been anticipating my debanding date of January the 20th. My ortho told me today that I would have to wait an additional two weeks from that appointment date to get them off. They will take molds for the essex ratainers and the permanent retainers at that time. The earliest they could get me an appointment after the January 20th is February the 10th, almost three weeks later! Not real happy about it, but what can I do? Oh well, I've waited this long!
They say retainers are no fun either if not to say worse and bonded retainers are definitely worse. So enjoy your days in braces.

bracedup

#7 Post by bracedup »

I would give anything to be in your shoes, ahhhh. I guess it would be a little frustrating having to wait a little longer but this time will pass so very quickly. Congratulations to you :)

AnnR

#8 Post by AnnR »

I understand the frustration - I would be annoyed too! I'm jealous that you've finished the braces journey though!

MarciLouWho

#9 Post by MarciLouWho »

February 10th is a lucky day, UV! That's my birthday! :BigGrin:

I know it must suuuck, but you're sprinting to the finish line, now!
Marci

Teeth sentenced to 24 months confinement: 12/3/10
Spacers: 12/16/10
Brace Date: 12/30/10
1st Adj: 2/14/11
2nd Adj: 2nd Banding Date: 4/20/11
3rd Adj: 6/24/11 - power chains upper and lower w/elastics 24/7
4th Adj: 8/3/11
Read about my Most Excellent Adventure here http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38086!