Will hot chocolate stain clear ligs/powerchains like coffee?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LeSourireMetallique

Will hot chocolate stain clear ligs/powerchains like coffee?

#1 Post by LeSourireMetallique »

Hi all- I hope this hasn't been asked before. I ran a quick search and didn't find anything.

I have ceramic uppers, and as I have self-litigating brackets, I haven't needed any clear ligs. Today though at about 9 months in I did have a clear powerchain put on. I don't drink dark soda and rarely coffee (if I do it has lots of cream/milk in it), but in the winter I do like some hot chocolate to warm up. Should I be worried about this staining the way coffee can? Thanks in advance.

Noodle1

#2 Post by Noodle1 »

When I have chocolate, sometimes it can make my clear ligs a little darker but this goes when I brush my teeth so it shouldn't cause any permanent staining like coffee does.
Braced for 19 months 2 weeks and 2 days.

hal2me

#3 Post by hal2me »

I have never had a problem with hot chocolate. Just be sure to brush right after you drink it.