very last molars on every side doesnt have brace on them

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

believer1964

very last molars on every side doesnt have brace on them

#1 Post by believer1964 »

notice that the last molar on each side of top and bottom arch doesnt have a bracket on them. on my bottom arch the last molar on each side is out of line with the rest of the molars.

is this normal.

ashesgap

#2 Post by ashesgap »

I didn't have brackets on the very back molars either, and they started to be off a little. Last week my ortho put brackets on them. The good news is the brackets are pretty tiny. The bad news is they still suck.
Your ortho might put brackets back there later, but i think its normal not to have them too.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

fosterp

#3 Post by fosterp »

Yes it is normal

KatieGee

#4 Post by KatieGee »

I don't have brackets on my upper molars but I have them on the bottom ones. Funny thing was when I went in for my second visit, the ortho was checking my teeth and I heard him ask his assistant "no brackets on the molars?" (I only had my uppers on at that time). He was the one who put the brackets on so he should have known! lol. I love my ortho though so even though he didn't add any brackets to my molars after his comment I wasn't worried.

blackapple

#5 Post by blackapple »

Wow I was wondering the same thing. I have no brackets on four of those last molars. I must admit it does feel nice not to have them on there. Four of my teeth are free :D I was wondering why they weren't there in the first place although I am not complaining.

jackjack

#6 Post by jackjack »

My teeth are like this too. Right now I'm waiting for retainers so they took off the molar bands (from the first molars) and they don't look so out of line with the second molars. Don't know if you have molar bands on your first molars though. But anyways, when I smile it allows for the second molars (that are not banded and not in line with first molars) to show more and for a wider smile. Hope that makes sense. If not just ask your ortho.

alimommy1

#7 Post by alimommy1 »

I had only brackets on the top and molar bands on my 1st molars and no brackets on my 2nd molars on the bottom. I thought it was odd too and my tops look straight and my bottoms seem a little off but they don't look off from the side. My ortho said he didn't need to move those teeth.

Takako

#8 Post by Takako »

I've been in braces for more than a year and a half and don't have brackets on my back molars. It's pretty common!

BraceFace2o1o

#9 Post by BraceFace2o1o »

Ok, probably a stupid question... but here goes

When you say you all have no brackets on your last molars, are you referring to your 2nd molars or your wisdom teeth? (3rd molars)
Braces: Metal fixed upper and lower
Estimated treatment time: 18-24 months
Braces Removed: August 2013 (after 33 months in braces)
Retainers: Upper & lower essix and lower bonded
My Story / Before & After photos

blackapple

#10 Post by blackapple »

I am referring to my second molars. I never got my wisdom teeth.

macgirl4ever

#11 Post by macgirl4ever »

I know exactly what you mean!
As you can see, I had to have another round of spacers and another round of molar bands to correct the issue. I felt that cleaning my braces was much easier when my second molars were not braced. I have a small mouth, and it's really hard to thread the floss through, especially when everything is in powerchains. The good news is that it only took four weeks for those molars to correct themselves. My ortho told me that if they had not moved, I would be having to wear an elastic back there too. I would point it out to your orthodontist. In my case, it was something that had to be corrected but it seems like for other people it doesn't always have to be corrected.

PS- Big tooth = Big pain during movement
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

vincent168

Re: very last molars on every side doesnt have brace on them

#12 Post by vincent168 »

I just noticed all my 2nd molars are naked too...why is this the case? Because you can't see the tooth so we don't move it? Or sometime down in treatment a bracket will be placed?

Domino

#13 Post by Domino »

This has me a bit worried... Personally, I want brackets on my wisdoms as well!, so not having them even on my second molars is quite worrying. I know it's doubtful I'll be getting them on wisdoms, as I remember my ortho telling me they don't do that, but it just confuses me, really. I do only have one wisdom tooth through, though, but it is really, really crooked and I wish it could be fixed; it's often causing discomfort on my cheek as it cuts into it, but I don't want to lose it either.

I'm paying to get my teeth straight, and in my opinion that should include my entire mouth!
My Story — Braced on 2 March 2012. 4 premolar extractions. Ceramic/clear uppers, metal lowers. Duration of 2 years.
Currently: Third adjustment 19 June (all teeth bracketed!)

margarets

#14 Post by margarets »

I think it depends on what your ortho is trying to achieve. If your back teeth are in the correct position, perhaps your ortho wants to leave well enough alone. But for your own peace of mind, ask next time you are in.

kennyandrew85

#15 Post by kennyandrew85 »

I also have my last teeth unbraced.

While closing my extraction gaps my ortho told me the back teeth always want to move forward to close gaps until there's no room.

Maybe with most people the back molars are in the correct position and it's those pushing the others out of place which makes us need braces.

Uneducated guess right there but it would make sense to me.
Brace Date: 14th April 2011
Estimated Debrace Date: 14th April 2013
Real Debrace Date 18th June 2013

4 extractions, upper ceramic brackets and lower metal to fix overjet and overcrowding.