Braces again

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wired Skull

Braces again

#1 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi
I'm braced again. I wore braces from 2007-01-20 until 2009-06-12 and got a pretty good result.
Sadly one tooth decided to make life a bit difficult for me. A month ago I notice that one of my premolars had shifted.

When telling my orthodontist this he decided to brace me again and bring the tooth into the right position.

The last time I had all ceramic bracket purely for esthetic and vanity reasons. This time i went for classic metal brackets.
I liked the ceramic brackets but there's no need to wear them as people will notice your braces anyway and there is no such things as invisible braces.

Metal brackets are a LOT smaller and smoother than ceramic braces.

Now I just have to wait and see for how long I need the braces this time. It's always worth the time and effort.

Does anyone else at this forum have any similar experinces?
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

sisi

#2 Post by sisi »

Good luck with Round 2 - hopefully it won't take too long.

hal2me

#3 Post by hal2me »

Good luck! I applaud you for getting braced again. Many in your situation would not do it.

Wired Skull

#4 Post by Wired Skull »

Thanks for your support.

As it has only been a year since debanding I thought that it would be a bad idea not fixing it. My ortho also doing it for free as he found it a bit strange that the bite changed that quickly.
I'm an adventures man so I couldn't resist trying standard metal brackets. Wink Hopefully they won't be on for very long.

Second time braces:

First time braces:
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/