What kind of elastics did your ortho gave you?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yj207

What kind of elastics did your ortho gave you?

#1 Post by yj207 »

I just have one that has the picture of a Ram in front. I went to the ORMCO website and they seem to have all kinds of different animals on there. Although I think my ortho just uses the Ram elastics. Does anybody have different kinds?
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

nikyote

#2 Post by nikyote »

The first time I got elastics I got zebras, which I thought were bad. Now I have kangaroos, way worse. The cute little animal names are actually making me hate whichever animal I have at the time.

Audra

#3 Post by Audra »

I had fox elastics.

Bekah

#4 Post by Bekah »

Mine just say "Debbie heavy" on them. I guess they figure why lie?
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

kilikena311

#5 Post by kilikena311 »

because I'm missing the molar that my elastic would normally hook to on one side, I am wearing 2 different sizes so that the amount of force will be the same on both sides. I have lions on my right side and warthogs on the left.

opera^gal

#6 Post by opera^gal »

2 months of 'USA' size..whatever that is..lol
2/2/09: metal braces T/B
8/20/10: braced removed (18mons, 18days), hawley retainers T/B
9/16/10: LR central incisor extracted (failed root canal)
2/23/11: implant/bone graft
9/15/11: implant crown placed, lower lingual bonding corrected
9/21/11: upper bonding on lateral gaps from upper arch forward advancement
10/17/11: new hawley retainers w/plastic tubing over the 'social six' wire, both T/B

thisisme

#7 Post by thisisme »

Bekah wrote:Mine just say "Debbie heavy" on them. I guess they figure why lie?
No offence intended but I never expected to find a fox in my bag just because they're called 'fox' elastics. ;)

TXMommy

#8 Post by TXMommy »

Aw, now I wish I would have had some sort of goofy animal to laugh at! :lol: My elastics were Japan. Plain heavy Japan. Woot. I would have loved to tell people I was wearing something like Mongoose on my teeth!
Braced Jan. 31, 2008
Sentenced to 24 months
Debraced Jan. 14, 2010!
Now wearing Essix retainer on top 24/7 with bonded lower

macgirl4ever

Japan/Rhino

#9 Post by macgirl4ever »

I first had Korea but was switched to Japan six weeks later. A few weeks ago I ran out (ok I actually washed and dried my last pack in the laundry). They didn't have Japan and gave me Rhino instead. The assistant said they were the same thing, but I feel like the tension is slightly greater than Japan elastics. Nevertheless, the specs are about the same.
Braced: 20 months March 2009-November 2010

Bekah

#10 Post by Bekah »

thisisme wrote:
Bekah wrote:Mine just say "Debbie heavy" on them. I guess they figure why lie?
No offence intended but I never expected to find a fox in my bag just because they're called 'fox' elastics. ;)
That isn't what I meant. I simply meant that they were Debbie elastics! They literally have the name Debbie on them and then the word "heavy" right below that one. Meaning that they are heavy elastics. I have never seen the ones with animal names and was just answering the question. No offense taken.
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

yj207

#11 Post by yj207 »

lol so many different animal names, hilarious! My whole mouth feels numb but its a good feeling to me b/c I know they are doing their job. I read somewhere you should try to practice eating with them on, helps move your teeth faster, but man I would hate to swallow one of these. eck.

If you go to the ormco website and search elastics they have a whole list of animal ones. It's the link that starts with sect 7 elastics. It's on page 4. They give the size and strength.
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

trillium

#12 Post by trillium »

I have Mountain Gorilla elastics, they also say Medium, Green and size 3/16"
04/09/09- Consult, 04/21/09- Spacers in, 04/23/09- Braces on, 06/01/09- Extractions
06/25/09- First Adjustment (new wire, but same size- all the way to bck molars- after extractions)
08/20/09- Second adjustment (same size wire but got Powerchains top and bottom!!!)
10/02/09- 3rd adj (same size wire, new powerchain, started elastics)
12/10/09- 4th adj. (same size wire, new powerchain, same elastics)
02/11/10- 5th adj.

TumbleDryLow

#13 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I have Rams too. It seems to be the only kind my ortho uses as well.

sunsmile

#14 Post by sunsmile »

I have 3M Unitek elastics. (3/8", light)

Jewles

#15 Post by Jewles »

I started on parrots and moved onto penguins :)
My ortho has about 30 different types of elastics on his shelf! mine so far dont seem too heavy