Elastics configurations

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Maria83

Elastics configurations

#1 Post by Maria83 »

Does anyone know a website where elastics configurations are explained? I want to see what each one does but all websites that I have found so far have only pictures and names with no explanation of what each configuration does.

Maria83

#2 Post by Maria83 »

Hmm just found that and thought I could share in case any one else is interested:

http://www.ormco.com/index/cms-filesyst ... rkbook.pdf

b

#3 Post by b »

Its funny, I was just googling this and I could only find this one page from archwired! Silly me, I should have just looked here in the first place. Thanks for posting!
Spacers in Aug. '09
MARA without elbows on Aug/09
Braces on Nov. 20/09
Elbows for MARA in Feb. 25/10
Braces off August 26, 2010!
Essix Retainers

my story: http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=33571

yj207

#4 Post by yj207 »

wow thanks for sharing the link, I was curious about this too. Some look so complicated! @_@
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.

mikesmile

#5 Post by mikesmile »

Thanks, Maria 8) That was nice of ya to share that link. I'm about to get braced and was curious if I could find a photo resembling what my ortho said he was going to use for elastics to pull back the bottom teeth. Yup, it was in there. Oh, I'm not liking those hooks :wink:

Asmegin

#6 Post by Asmegin »

yj207

#7 Post by yj207 »

thanks for the 2nd link! I can't wait for my teeth to move! I thought I almost swallowed a rubberband while I was eating lunch in public. I was panicked for a moment and grossed out at the food I was eating since it was so greasy chinese food. Thankfully I found the rubberband and do not plan on eating there again... need to eat more healthy.
Braced for 23 months 1 week and 3 days!
I had 4 extractions and all my wisdom teeth removed.
I decided to get removal retainers so it will be easier to floss.