One more adjustment and I'll be free!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nikyote

One more adjustment and I'll be free!!!

#1 Post by nikyote »

I went for my adjustment today and now i only have a powerchain on the top, got new wires on the top and bottom that only go back about halfway, and got more dreaded elastics to wear. I'm wearing four now, one from my canine to my first molar on each side and one from my canine to the two teeth right in front of my molar on each side- a triangle. They took an x-ray too. My ortho said that my next adjustment (on february 10th) would be my last one before they come off. I was so happy i could have cried. They didnt give me an exact date, but i don't even care. I've been waiting so long for this and now it's almost here. I'm just hoping the elastics do what they are supposed to (i'm not sure what they are for) and that i can definitely get them off after my next adjustment. I'm looking forward to a summer without braces and possibly even celebrating my 23rd birthday (the end of march) free of metal. I cant wait to smile and not worry about hiding my teeth or covering my mouth when i laugh, which i always did before i got braces. Sorry for the rambling, im just really excited and i don't want to tell many of my family or friends yet cause im worried ill jinx it.

My treatment time is 18-24 months

MrMetalMouth1029

#2 Post by MrMetalMouth1029 »

Congratulations! I just found out yesterday that my next appointment will be my pre-debanding appt., and in March, I will be getting debanded and getting my retainer. Life is good! Eat some popcorn to celebrate when that time comes :)
Braced (upper and lower): 10/29/08
Debraced: 3/17/10
Now sportin' a permanent bottom retainer
Alternate clear retainers every 12 hours

brendap27

#3 Post by brendap27 »

Congratulations. My son was told a couple of weeks ago at his ortho appointment that if he wears his new elastics religiously he might, that is MIGHT, get them off at his next appointment on March 2nd. They said if not then, then probably the following appointment. I'm so excited for him and yet I'm worried that they'll tell him at his next appointment that they want to wait. I felt like I was being kind of cruel, but I told him that he should probably not get too excited about getting them off in March because he might ended up truly disappointed. I figured that way if he does get them off, great, but if not then no big deal.

nikyote

#4 Post by nikyote »

Yeah thats how I'm thinking, I don't want to get too excited because my ortho is all about perfection and if they aren't perfect I know he will want to wait a little longer. But I'm trying to have a little hope because these elastics are killin me right now. I'm already counting down the days until my next adjustment just hoping to hear that they did their job and I don't have to wear anymore the last month or so my braces are on.

brendap27

#5 Post by brendap27 »

Was your initial estimate of time pretty close to how long you ended up wearing them?

nikyote

#6 Post by nikyote »

Yeah my treatment time is 18-24 months