What do you think (with pictures)?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Maria83

What do you think (with pictures)?

#1 Post by Maria83 »

There is an obvious slant on the left side of the picture, the two sides are not quite even. I suppose this will be treated with triangle elastics?

What other things do you think should be treated? I am not looking for unrealistic perfection, I just want to see if there are important details that I am missing of. How should I expect the treatment to proceed from this point onwards?

As always, thank you for all your support, this forum has been the greatest encouragement for me in this journey!

VA5

Re: What do you think (with pictures)?

#2 Post by VA5 »

I am a year into my braces and I have these kinds of questions for my ortho all the time.. she always says.. things will work out at the end.. I think I can see your slant.. you mean w/the wire? And how they don't look parallel going from left to right in your mouth?

I have this issue too, however the bottom wire is like an wide, upside down u shape. If that makes any sense. So the top wire is really straight and the bottom is curved so it doesn't look parallel either. It bugs the crap out of me. I think it's ugly and my teeth weren't like that before. HOwever, I know that I have about a year left and know that things like this will be worked out at the end. I'm sure your situation is the same too :)

Maria83

#3 Post by Maria83 »

Thank you VA% for your response! Do you mean that the braces don't look parallel? I think they were intentionally placed that way because the side on the left of the picture was a bit more protruding than the right and the braces are pushing it behind so that both sides come on the same level (geez, I hope you got the picture, I suck at ortho descriptions :).

I am sure that everything will work out for all of us. Being of course incredibly obsessive with my teeth, I just want to make sure there is not anything else that escapes my attention :)

VA5

#4 Post by VA5 »

Maria83 wrote:Thank you VA% for your response! Do you mean that the braces don't look parallel? I think they were intentionally placed that way because the side on the left of the picture was a bit more protruding than the right and the braces are pushing it behind so that both sides come on the same level (geez, I hope you got the picture, I suck at ortho descriptions :).

I am sure that everything will work out for all of us. Being of course incredibly obsessive with my teeth, I just want to make sure there is not anything else that escapes my attention :)
Yes, they are not parallel :) They don't look like two lines horizontal lines. And I am a year into braces. It bugs me, however I am fairly certain this is just something that is being worked out right now. I still have about a year left, and that is a lot of time. My main goal in braces is to retract my teeth and she hasn't even gotten to that stage b/c she's still working on other issues in my mouth. It's frustrating for me b/c I was hopefully the retraction would happen by now.. but I can see why she is waiting.. just be patient, I'm certain that your ortho is working it out too :)

artroxu

#5 Post by artroxu »

I know what you mean about braces not looking parallel. Mine were like that for what seemed like forever. Towards the end of my treatment, when i was having the strongest square wires, it corrected. If you are in the last 4-6 months of treatment and they are still uneven i would ask your ortho. I know this advice sucks right now, and i hate it when i got it at your stage in treatment, but the in time these things should work out on their own.

Rachel B

#6 Post by Rachel B »

Mine are the same.
My teeth are pretty much straight but one side of my bite is more open that the other.
I guess it'll work itself out. :lol:

Maria83

#7 Post by Maria83 »

Yeah, patience is the key word. I am not particularly good at it :D