Detailing stage?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nikyote

Detailing stage?

#1 Post by nikyote »

I had an adjustment today and finally after ten months the forsus spring is gone along with the spring along the bottom of my bottom teeth and i don't have to wear the elastic anymore. I was told that my midline is now perfectly centered. All i got was powerchains the whole way across the top and bottom and some progress pictures taken. My ortho said that now we are in the home stretch and we are in the detailing stage. He said he just wants to let things settle now, I go back in four weeks. I was just wondering though (i was too excited about gettting the spring out and forgot to ask) my next appointment i was told would be 40 minutes but i have no clue what they will do then. They never tell me how long an appointment will last so now im a little curious because thats a pretty long appointment usually they only last between 5 to 20 minutes. Anyway, sorry about rambling i'm just excited. My estimated treatment time is 18 to 24 months.

roost22

#2 Post by roost22 »

are your second molars bracketed?
lower metal brackets 12/3/2008, upper red,white and blue system12/29/08 , tx 12-16 months Image

nikyote

#3 Post by nikyote »

Yes they are

roost22

#4 Post by roost22 »

they will probubly just be putting alot of bends in the wire
lower metal brackets 12/3/2008, upper red,white and blue system12/29/08 , tx 12-16 months Image

nikyote

#5 Post by nikyote »

ok, im just hoping to get lucky and be out of them by the end of march. I just got overloaded with good news like getting that spring out that i couldn't think straight enough to ask.

changes09

#6 Post by changes09 »

Since you are in the setteling stage they will probably be taking lots of measurements of you rbite, and doing little tweaks here and there. Your appointment can take up to 40 min, but might not take that long. March is right around the corner!