it is my 2nd weeks getting braces, no movement at all ..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

yy2bsleep

it is my 2nd weeks getting braces, no movement at all ..

#1 Post by yy2bsleep »

Hi, i am worry about my progress now. It is my 2nd week after getting braces. Someone said that they can noticed the movement after getting braces...but i cannot notice anything. Everything is just slicent except i got sore teeth on the 1st week. Anyone have the similar experience like me? Thanks for your help.

haywire

#2 Post by haywire »

u want progress in 2 weeks? that's a very short amount of time..wait until the second month after the first adjustment..and then u'll see some real progress.. in the first month i didnt have a progress (maybe just a little)
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

Lela

#3 Post by Lela »

I didn't see any chages for at least 6 weeks. And even then you could only tell in photos of my arch, not from looking head on.

Some of the early changes can make things look worse, so that is something you should be prepared for. Gaps in places you don't think they are needed, bite chages that seem all wrong, ect. All perfectly normal and part of the process.
Fully braced 9-02-08
Braces off 9-21-09

drrick

#4 Post by drrick »

Keep in mind you see your teeth every day so you may not notice movements when they are very small. Also in the first few weeks to month or so many of the changes are microscopic but set the stage for quicker movement down the road.
Developer of:
The Powerprox Six Month Braces(R) Technique
http://sixmonthbraces.com/

Powerprox Six Month Braces(R)on ABC News

Takako

#5 Post by Takako »

Did you take a photo when you first got braced? Photos are the BEST way to track progress!

yy2bsleep

#6 Post by yy2bsleep »

yes, i have taken some photo on the 1st day getting braces. I compare those photo with my current photo each day. I am so silly hehe :D