Braces and chocolate

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cakeorbed

Braces and chocolate

#1 Post by cakeorbed »

I thought Maltesers might be good but the honeycomb gets stuck! Sigh, foiled again :P

Penguin bars dipped in tea are a winner though ;-)

crazybeautiful

#2 Post by crazybeautiful »

Maltesers are a bit of a mess, but I will not let braces win that battle! Maltesers are too nice

I really miss getting to eat the toffee Roses at Christmas though. Those are just too hard to chew :(
~SARME, Nov 2007. 10mm expansion

My blog: http://crazybeautifulsurgery.blogspot.com/

UGHBRACES

#3 Post by UGHBRACES »

Once you have had braces a while, you'll become good at getting things out of the brackets just by using your tongue and suction from your cheeks. The only place i have to actually use an proxy brush now after i eat is behind the last lower bracket on one side.

asabea

Re: Braces and chocolate

#4 Post by asabea »

cakeorbed wrote:I thought Maltesers might be good but the honeycomb gets stuck! Sigh, foiled again :P

Penguin bars dipped in tea are a winner though ;-)
Mmmn Penguins!

Rachel B

#5 Post by Rachel B »

I still eat all the chocolate I ever ate - don't let a bit of metal stop you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TumbleDryLow

#6 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I can't live without chocolate.

ellen

#7 Post by ellen »

I broke a molar band on a half-frozen chocolate chip. Now I know to let my chocolate thaw first!

crazybeautiful

#8 Post by crazybeautiful »

Frozen chocolate?!?! :o

I absolutely hate cold chocolate. It needs to be room temperature, otherwise you don't get all the taste! :lol:

ellen

#9 Post by ellen »

the half-frozen chocolate chip was in vanilla ice cream. Surely nothing wrong with that.

crazybeautiful

#10 Post by crazybeautiful »

Ah, that's acceptable :wink:

chemicalfan

#11 Post by chemicalfan »

Chocolate is awesome!! Gotta go for the pure stuff though - if it's got bits that don't melt (e.g. honeycomb!), it's such a pain. Suck it to death, tastes better that way anyway!

Rachel B

#12 Post by Rachel B »

Don't suck too hard on Cadbury's crunchie though, it can make your tongue bleed!!!!!!!! :cry:

Ladybird

#13 Post by Ladybird »

Rachel B wrote:Don't suck too hard on Cadbury's crunchie though, it can make your tongue bleed!!!!!!!! :cry:
lol.. the things you learn on here... note to self: don't suck Cadburys crunchie

crazybeautiful

#14 Post by crazybeautiful »

Deviating from brace-related chocolate woes for a minute- anybody love the new (or renewed) Wispa Gold bars? Anything with caramel is just gorgeous anyway, but in a Wispa it's delicious :D

chemicalfan

#15 Post by chemicalfan »

Not brave enough to try that! Cutting it up would make a horrible mess!