Text Message Abbreviations are Unacceptable on this Board

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bbsadmin

Text Message Abbreviations are Unacceptable on this Board

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

I need to jump in here and say that this sort of "text messaging" lingo like the example below is totally unacceptable on this message board. I have said this time and time again, but a lot of people seem to ignore it. So please let me make this perfectly clear: this is a message board for adults, not a cell phone text message or a chat session. It's OK to insert an abbreviation once in a while, but a post filled with shortcut abbreviations is impossible to read and frankly extremely annoying.

Thanks for understanding.
Bt it al goes away.Xcpt 4 wen i wake up in the morning,it stil flz weird against my inner cheeks.Bt ul hardly notice it in time.I dont evn use wax at al now.As for the efct on ur speech,i cnt help u there coz dt nevr hapnd to me.I do hv a slite lisp sum ppl say,bt i stil dnt c it.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

hypocrite opportunist

#2 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

Good call, that is horrible to read! Thanks!
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

belistic10

Re: Text Message Abbreviations are Unacceptable on this Boar

#3 Post by belistic10 »

:D good call, i can't stand reading that kind of writing!