Lauren, how are you braces treating you?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

artroxu

Lauren, how are you braces treating you?

#1 Post by artroxu »

Haven't seen a post from you lately, how are those braces doing? Are you sore?

lauren

Re: Lauren, how are you braces treating you?

#2 Post by lauren »

artroxu wrote:Haven't seen a post from you lately, how are those braces doing? Are you sore?
I know! I've been reading and but figure as a newbie no one was probably reading much of what i wrote anyway, haha. You really cheered up my day! :)

They're fantastic. There's one spot on one of my molar bands that is grating on my tongue a bit but I finally sucked it up and used wax and HOLY CRAP IT IS AMAZING. A huge change.

Other than that, no soreness at all. My teeth are a bit tender I guess but iI don't notice it. Frankly, in comparison to spacers, this is a walk in the park so far. ;)

I really do like like a teenager, but oh well. I don't hate them. I expected to sob like a baby when I First saw them but now I sort of just feel like they set me apart a bit. Nothing wrong with that :)
I got braced 9/05/2008!

my background story with pics:
http://lifeinbraces.blogspot.com

My professional website:
www.laurenhefner.com

lauren

Re: Lauren, how are you braces treating you?

#3 Post by lauren »

artroxu wrote:Haven't seen a post from you lately, how are those braces doing? Are you sore?
I know! I've been reading and but figure as a newbie no one was probably reading much of what i wrote anyway, haha. You really cheered up my day! :)

They're fantastic. There's one spot on one of my molar bands that is grating on my tongue a bit but I finally sucked it up and used wax and HOLY CRAP IT IS AMAZING. A huge change.

Other than that, no soreness at all. My teeth are a bit tender I guess but iI don't notice it. Frankly, in comparison to spacers, this is a walk in the park so far. ;)

I really do like like a teenager, but oh well. I don't hate them. I expected to sob like a baby when I First saw them but now I sort of just feel like they set me apart a bit. Nothing wrong with that :)
I got braced 9/05/2008!

My professional website:
www.laurenhefner.com

artroxu

#4 Post by artroxu »

I know. I'm 25 and I look like I'm 15 also. My husband says it ads to my "cute" factor, lol.

I used wax almost every day for the first two weeks, mostly just at night though. You'll find as time goes on that you wont need it as much.

For the first few days it's weird to see yourself with them. After then its just another part of you. I hardly even think about mine unless I'm eating or brushing.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

lauren

#5 Post by lauren »

Hehe. I'm 25 (until next Tuesday!) also. My husband says it's "cute" but I don't know, lol. We tried to make out last night and it wasn't TOO horrible other than the fact that i'm really self conscious about them.
artroxu wrote:I know. I'm 25 and I look like I'm 15 also. My husband says it ads to my "cute" factor, lol.

I used wax almost every day for the first two weeks, mostly just at night though. You'll find as time goes on that you wont need it as much.

For the first few days it's weird to see yourself with them. After then its just another part of you. I hardly even think about mine unless I'm eating or brushing.

Glad to hear you're doing well!
I got braced 9/05/2008!

My professional website:
www.laurenhefner.com

Toni

#6 Post by Toni »

I'm glad you posted! I read that you were getting your braces and I looked around trying to find an update somewhere.
:?

I'm glad that you're not having a hard time. I get mine on Monday and I'm really getting nervous.
**Brace Day was September 22 - Ouch!**
**Member of the AW TADA club**

lauren

#7 Post by lauren »

Toni wrote:I'm glad you posted! I read that you were getting your braces and I looked around trying to find an update somewhere.
:?

I'm glad that you're not having a hard time. I get mine on Monday and I'm really getting nervous.
actually it's not bad AT ALL. i expected it to be HORRIBLE. no cuts in my mouth, no pain or pulling really, it's not bad.
I got braced 9/05/2008!

My professional website:
www.laurenhefner.com

jpiper001

#8 Post by jpiper001 »

im glad your happy with them=) mine make me look like a kid, too. i am little anyway, and everyone keeps telling me how 'cute' i am. i guess being a little cute for a few years isnt going to hurt me=)