Brace-Friendly Movie Snacks

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lueyfufu

Brace-Friendly Movie Snacks

#1 Post by lueyfufu »

First of all, if there's already a thread for this, please accept my apologies. :)

Second of all, I know that movie theaters don't want you to bring your own snacks. But if I just happen to have a bottle of water and some food in my purse, well... ;-)

So hubby and I like to get a Coke and popcorn when we go out to movies, but popcorn is now the enemy. Can anybody suggest some brace-friendly snacks I can hide in my purse? :)

I thought about single-serving pudding cups, but then I'd have to start carrying a spoon. (Can you slurp pudding through a straw?)

Quirky Girl

#2 Post by Quirky Girl »

I still eat popcorn , I just eat it a little slower :D

lueyfufu

#3 Post by lueyfufu »

I thought about just licking the popcorn, after hubby has a chance to eat what he wants first, of course. :lol:

badbite

#4 Post by badbite »

I always enjoy a good hersheys bar! YUM!

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008

browneyedgrl

#5 Post by browneyedgrl »

I eat popcorn too. I use my second molars on my left side, since they're still naked, my lower second molar is already part of the party!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Way Too Old For This

#6 Post by Way Too Old For This »

The only time I stopped eating popcorn was when my teeth were too sore....but for the most part I eat it whenever I want to. I just waterpik after. Actually, there is nothing I can think of that I have stopped eating....unfortunately. Was hoping to lose weight during this process.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

*melissa*

#7 Post by *melissa* »

i eat popcorn too... :D

Folk Ballad

#8 Post by Folk Ballad »

I haven't tried eating popcorn yet, but I imagine the little hulls get stuck pretty easily and I definitely couldn't enjoy a movie if my tongue was doing stretch aerobics, trying to get bits of popcorn out from under brackets the whole time.
I've always been partial to reese's pieces and kit-kats myself, but I imagine any chocolate-oriented candy would do the trick.
You could also give eating popcorn with braces a shot. It appears a lot of other archwired members are throwing caution to the wind. Just go slow, and you'll probably be fine. :wink:

stevon

#9 Post by stevon »

I have no problems with popcorn. I do eat it a little slower and I am very wary of unpopped kernels, but a movie just isn't the same without hot popcorn and a Coke.

The only movie snack I have found that I cannot do is Milk Duds. That's a shame because I love them, but the caramel sticks to everything. I tried one once and it was a nightmare!

Nancy51

#10 Post by Nancy51 »

a movie just isn't the same without hot popcorn and a Coke.
(Stevon)

The imported beers at our neighborhood cinema make up for popcorn, for me. Grocery bakeries also have nice fruit mini-pastries. They're quieter than popcorn, too, with no tattletale aroma. :wink:
Nancy

TigerLily

#11 Post by TigerLily »

Maltesers! Available from the foyer..well at least in the UK.
They melt in your mouth...! Just don't bite them with impatience (I did that and an archwire popped out the last bracket...oops..)

kaycee

#12 Post by kaycee »

Junior Mints! I smash them against the roof of my mouth with my tongue, so good. Since most movie theaters sell them in the big box, I can purchase them at the concession and not feel like I'm missing out. :D

kaycee

suetemi

#13 Post by suetemi »

My faves:

baggies of washed/cut-up fruit (it's berry season!) or veggies w/ a dip (my fave is hummus)

dark chocolate bar with almonds

ginger snaps

Nut-Thin crackers, made by Blue Diamond (fave is cheese) or Ak-Mak crackers with cheese

trail mixes

Japanese rice cracker mix

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have a good assortment of snacky stuff, especially on the shelves above the freezer cases, tubs and tubs of different, interesting things like peanut-butter filled pretzel bites, choc. covered candy sunflower seeds, etc.

Spidey

#14 Post by Spidey »

They sell beer at the movies??
What?!??

I Love to eat Reese cups, and I save it as a special movie treat. Still miss my popcorn though. I know you can eat it, i just eat it too slowly and with high paranoia, so I gave it up until these suckers come off.

September is going to be a Popcorn party when these braces come off!!!

landela

#15 Post by landela »

I still eat popcorn too. I keep a proxy brush with me so I can get out any pieces that get stuck. Maybe try eating some at home first before you have some at the movies just to make sure you don't have any problems eating it.
Laynie

Braced - April 24, 2008
Last adjustment - December 16, 2008
Trangle elastics - August 26 - Current (only at night from 11/11/2008 - Current)
Treatment end date - January 28, 2009

Click link to read my braces story:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 532#258532 - Updated 11/11/2008 with pictures