How long?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

heidic

How long?

#1 Post by heidic »

Hello everyone I am new here, this is my first posting. It's also my first time in braces I am 25 and got my braces on dec. 21. I was just wondering about how long on average before you start to see results. ( Iknow it depends on the person and severity and stuff, but was just wondering a round about time frame). Thanks for your replies.

Neva

#2 Post by Neva »

I was seeing progress on the bottom (basically just crooked) within a couple months. On the other hand, it was about two years (and three surgeries) before the impacted canine finally broke through. So, yeah, big difference there. :)

minadee

#3 Post by minadee »

I don't have my braces on yet, but in looking at pictures, alot of people show results at like 6 weeks. I guess we just have to take pictures and compare that way.

metalfangs

changes...

#4 Post by metalfangs »

I started noticing changes after 1 week. Of course, nobody else noticed it! lol.

:D

mihaelici

#5 Post by mihaelici »

I have braces since middle September 2007; I've compared the photo I've taken then with one taken recently, and I was so surprised to see the progress, when I thought nothing much was going on.. so it's been 4 months and a bit, and I see progress! I still have a stubborn canine which won't move.. so I'll just wait another couple of months, and then take another photo which will hopefully show some more progress.