Braces off!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tmitchell

Braces off!!

#1 Post by tmitchell »

OK...so my braces are off now...yay!! I had traditional metal braces for almost 2 years and had them removed on 10/23. Glad that it is over...but now I have a couple of concerns. I seem to bite down more fully (more contact between my upper and lower teeth) with my braces off when I chew. This has brought a couple of issues to light. When chewing, I can feel two of my front lower teeth scraping against the back of my upper left central incisor. Also, my bottom left second molar partially bites into my upper gum tissue (where my wisdom tooth used to be). I can actually see the impression of my bottom tooth in this gum tissue. As part of my orthodontic plan, I had both upper first bicuspids and my lower left central incisor removed. Thus, this has left me with only 12 teeth on top and 13 on the bottom. But I still thought the ortho would be able to get things pretty well lined up. My smile looks great, except I think that my lower front teeth look like they lean forward a little bit. Has anyone else experienced similar problems and if so, what can be done?? :?
~ Top braces on 12/20/05 ~
~ Bottom braces on 3/14/06 ~