I hate my upper and lower expanders :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

adrienne

I hate my upper and lower expanders :(

#1 Post by adrienne »

I got an upper quad helix and a lower expander (forgot the name) but its the type which doesn't need turning. I have a performance next Sunday and I can't even sound my EE's :( And I'm lisping SO much. I had an RPE before and it wasn't this bad! Can anyone give any tips (I know about the rainbow passage already) on getting used to this? I might even have to change songs now because I can't sound most of the words! :(

Any advice would be helpful. Please!! :( :cry:
;ADRIENNE
RPE for one month: 45 turns
quad-helix, lingual arch
ceramic braces for 18 months

braces off!

adrienne

#2 Post by adrienne »

I've practiced SO much and it still isn't working! My tongue gets chopped up and the wax helps with the discomfort but I still can't sound words .. I hope I can get used to this soon .. I hate the lisping ..
;ADRIENNE
quad-helix, lingual arch

braces off!

adrienne

#3 Post by adrienne »

I'm wondering whether this is a big problem but I can't swallow properly. Whenever I swallow, my tongue bleeds because it rubs against the quad helix on top and its all swollen and stuff .. :cry: Obviously my tongue isn't getting used to this!
;ADRIENNE
quad-helix, lingual arch

braces off!

adrienne

#4 Post by adrienne »

Yeah thanks guys but I don't think the blister plaster thing would have worked cause I don't have an RPE anymore .. I have a quadhelix and it's totally different.
Well I had a good rest, my tongue is still cut to pieces but its not bleeding anymore although it still does hurt to swallow.
;ADRIENNE
quad-helix, lingual arch

braces off!