The night before braces and all through the house...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

discomom

The night before braces and all through the house...

#1 Post by discomom »

not a creature what stirring, not even a mouse. My mouth was all snuggled and warm in my bed, not knowing that afternoon tomorrow could be dread! When all of a sudden there arose such a clatter, I ran to the bathroom and threw open the floss. When what to my wandering eyes should appear, but flossing with ease for the last time this year..... I think that I have lost my mind. Yes, I am certain of it. I will be glad when tomorrow's over and I can forget about getting braces put on, they will be ON!!! Have a great night!!! :lol: Lori

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Interesting post there indeed... I will be looking forward to following your story!

As KK usually posts here is what she normally posts!

Before your b-day ...
* warm salt water rinses once a day – a pinch of salt in a small amount of warm water
* setup your travel dental cleaning kit, or buy a dentakit from this site
* stock up on consumables ... wax, mouthwash, interdental brushes, stiff ended floss etc
* never forget why you're doing this
* keep a positive attitude

On your b-day ...
* go to the toilet
* cover your lips with balm
* keep positive

After your b-day ...
* continue the daily salt rinses
* wax to prevent sores
* keep your body well hydrated
* chew to increase blood flow in your gums
* make sure your oral hygiene is A1
* be confident with your decision
* remember ... braces do not prevent us from doing anything, only we can do that!
* stay positive!

Here's to your journey being a great one! :banana:

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

ilovemacs

#3 Post by ilovemacs »

Wow that's good!! :D Good Luck!

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

lol let us know how it went x