Not sure I can wait any longer...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Marley

Not sure I can wait any longer...

#1 Post by Marley »

This wait has to be worse then Christmas as a kid!!

Brace date is March 5th. I've read everyones stories, read all the posts, got all the info I'll need... I wish I could ignore anything braces until Monday.. but I'm addicted!!

My friends and family are like "enough!! it's not a big deal.. it's just braces!!"

Thank goodness this is my Birthday weekend. It will be filled with parties.. no time to think about Braces!

Anyways!

To all of those who are waiting... our time has got to come soon!

~Michelle

Jenny5

#2 Post by Jenny5 »

Only 4 more days. You can do it! Good luck on Monday. Let us know how it goes.

ccrisis

#3 Post by ccrisis »

Hey there. I know how you feel. Spacers on 3/5. My birthday is 3/6 -- brace day is 3/9!!! I will be partying this weekend as well -- not sure if i'll be in the mood after that. Like you, I'm anxious to get started and driving my boyfriend up the wall. Please give details on b-day & good luck.

bracey

#4 Post by bracey »

hey I know how you feel, my appointment is tomorrow!!!!yikes, im nervous excited scared all at same time. All I can talk about is braces braces braces. Am I doing the right thing? At least you have your birthday....happy birthday by the way.

waiting2smile

#5 Post by waiting2smile »

Congrats on getting braces! The time does seem to drag when your waiting but once you get them just wait and see how it flys by. I've had mine (Invisalign) for 2 years next month and and seems like only yesterday I was going in for the molds (yuck!)

Best of luck to you!

P.S. Happy Birthday! My Birthday is coming up too - on your B-Day! :lol:

Nervous

#6 Post by Nervous »

First off, congratulations for taking the plunge and getting braces. In my opinion that's the hardest step, committing yourself for 1-2 years. Just enjoy your party and try not to think about the braces, but I'm sure it will be difficult not to.

Marley

#7 Post by Marley »

Thanks Jenny!

Bracey! Can't wait to hear about it!

Waitingtosmile.. Happy Early Birthday!

Crisis! We share the same birthday! Braces on the 5th, Birthday on the 6th. I'll be 27. Have fun partying! How old will you be? I just met a guy almost 2 weeks ago and we've been hanging out quite a bit.. I was terrified to tell him about my braces! he's pretty cool about it, and then he mentioned he is getting them in the next 2 years... fun times! ha!

platinum

#8 Post by platinum »

You shouls enjoy teh days before you get your braces. They are not that fun. They look ugly, teeth hurt, difficult to clean, speech problems etc.

Marley

#9 Post by Marley »

Thanks Nervous!

Haha! Platinum.. I don't know! Braces can't look any worse then these teeth!!

nita

#10 Post by nita »

Good luck to you on brace day! I totally understand how hard it is to wait, but it'll be here before you know it!

And happy birthday to everybody too! :dance: My birthday is also March 5th! Here's to a weekend of celebration for all :-88
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!

Marley

#11 Post by Marley »

Have a fun birthday weekend Nita! I love birthdays!

Nawners

#12 Post by Nawners »

I can totally relate to the anticipation!!! I had to wait over a month to get my braces on after my consult, and each day drug on and on....
This board really helped me get through those days, though!

Just a few more days, and you will be braced!
:tingrin:
~There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus~

Kat

#13 Post by Kat »

Eat, eat then eat more. Hard crunchy stuff, steaks, caramel, apples, and then eat more. Look back to this thead in a month then you'll know the beauty of eatting the things you really want.

ccrisis

#14 Post by ccrisis »

Here's to all my fellow Picseans (sp?) Marley, I'll be 44 on the 6th and I wish I did this when I was your age. As far as the braces looking funny -- I struggled with that for a long time and then I finally took some nice, candid, close-up pictures of my mouth -- and you are SO right about the teeth looking worse before the braces. I just keep thinking that once I get them on -- no matter how bad they look -- every minute that passes will bring me close to having nice teeth!!! If I don't get braces, they'll only get worse with the passing time. Everyone have a great party weekend!!! I'm anxious for your updates!!

bsblguy

#15 Post by bsblguy »

I don't think anyone was more excited about getting braces than I was. I made my consult appt. and a dental appt. the same day. I had to wait to get a crow and 2 cavities filled before I could get braced. Yeah, I know, I should have seen a dentist more often but I hated going sssooo much. I tried to get my appt. to get the crown put in up so I could get my braces appt. moved up but my ortho went to Fl. for some meetings and disney with his kids so I had to wait. It did give me another weekend of free eating. Now the braces have been on for 4 days, no problems to speak of. I have bite blocks in and had then shaved down some so I could chew better. I haven't tried too solid of a food yet. I have 6 crowns and braces don't stick as well to those so I'm being very cautious. And braces look cool, LOL. I have yet to hear 1 negative comment. Hope all goes well for you.