Oooops, I seem to have eaten a bracket!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Daveyboy

Oooops, I seem to have eaten a bracket!

#1 Post by Daveyboy »

Pretty much as the title says :oops:

Was eating a burger (still with a knife and fork) and suddenly realised the bracket on my furthest back molar kind of "wasn't there anymore!"

Please note, i've got linguals so i guess this is more likely to happen than with normal braces.
Has anyone else on here eaten a "normal" bracket?

I've got my lowers being fitted on thurs so might just keep quiet until then, so long as the wire doesn't bother me!

And I was doing so well up until then! :D

Dave

P.S. Such a small thing wont rip my insides to shreds will it? Think i've just realised that i'm actually worried about it!!

Rickysa

Re: Oooops, I seem to have eaten a bracket!

#2 Post by Rickysa »

Daveyboy wrote: P.S. Such a small thing wont rip my insides to shreds will it? Think i've just realised that i'm actually worried about it!!
....and this too will pass...

:D Dr. S

cowlypso

#3 Post by cowlypso »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bunnyfluff

#4 Post by bunnyfluff »

:lol: You almost made me snort my Mt. Dew!

PrincessMelody

#5 Post by PrincessMelody »

ROFL! WIth my luck in everything in life I would do something like this. I swallowed a ligature. It was just gone one day and I know it didn't come out of my mouth so the only explenation is that I swallowed it. The tech was baffled because it wasn't on a tooth that had a lot of pressure with the wire or one that would give any reason that the ligature would come off. He just said "Hmmm, that never happens" and contintued taking off the rest of my ligs.

I would just take note of your GI functioning and if you start to have any problems call your doctor or head to the ER. I would really call your ortho too because I am sure they have had this happen a few times so they may have some reassurance for you.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

finally

#6 Post by finally »

[align=center]I ate one of mine too and got worried but it's so small it'll pass like Dr. S said.

Good luck! :lol:
[/align]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2 Corinthians 4:17

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a battle." -Plato

vivi21

#7 Post by vivi21 »

auchhh :-9 :)