Hi all

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dena

Hi all

#1 Post by dena »

It's been a busy semester for me--sorry I haven't been around. I just wanted to say hello and happy (early) holiday season to all those with holidays coming up.

The teeth are doing well. I might get a digital camera for christmas--if I do, I'll put up some pictures. Not much has changed actually. For about the past 4 or 5 months, my orthodontist has looked at my teeth and been frustrated. We're waiting for the bottoms to be straight and they are taking a looong looong time. I'm starting to get really anxious--this last time I asked if there was anything we could do to speed this along? He had his assistant place a new archwire on bottom--the strongest that he has. I felt it that day and nothing since. Teeth will move right? I mean, they can't just stay crooked can they? I was really hoping to have the power chains on soon. In about a month, I'll have had extraction gaps for a year and I want them gone! It takes as long as it takes though, I guess.

Right now, the only other thing that's happening is yellow o-rings. I am usually really careful not to eat staining food until the week before I have them changed. But I had Indian food the other night. So, yellow rings (but the curry is so so good!)

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

Granola

#2 Post by Granola »

Good to see you here.

Sorry your lowers are not cooperating. If it makes you feel any better, mine are not either (currently mine are wired together due to excessive looseness, which means movement is not even possible). I really understand your frustration! I hope that your new archwire starts to work its magic very soon.

Has your ortho done any x-rays to check your roots, by any chance?
Uppers placed 2/8/06--Inspire ICE ceramics
Lower (stainless) placed 2/23/06
Treatment time: 17 months (estimated was 12-18 months)
Debonded: July 11th, 2007
Next appointment: June 2008 for retainer & nightguard check

dena

#3 Post by dena »

I know--I love Indian food. The o-rings are very yellow but it was still worth it :)

Granola: I haven't had new x-rays taken. My year anniversary is in January and I was thinking he might do them then. My ortho has promised that they will move though. I'll keep you guys posted. My bottom teeth were really crooked so I knew it was going to be a pain.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months