Debrace Day!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brooke

Debrace Day!

#1 Post by Brooke »

Well here I am at 1 a.m. on May 2nd not able to sleep. Thinking about the day ahead. I will be getting my braces off today and I am full of different emotions. Anxious, happy, nervous, sad.... I want to explode! I've waited for so long to see straight teeth. I just can't believe the day is here. The day where all the pain and hard work pays off. My appointment is at 10:50. I will update this post when I get back so that I can fill you guys in on how it all went. I already know I am set to get fitted for Hawley retainer. Well, maybe i'll fall asleep soon! Next post I'll be brace free! Wow, I can't believe it :o
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

MATEO'S

#2 Post by MATEO'S »

WOW :D CONGRATS on getting your braces off. hope all goes well...i know you waited so long to see this day..good luck mateo's :wink:

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

Congrats, Brooke! It's exciting!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

Hello Kitty

#4 Post by Hello Kitty »

:D :D :D
Woo Hoo!!
Today is your day! Good Luck to you!
Mine come off in one week, and I'm in total anticipation!
Let us know how everything went!
:D :D :D
Take Care!
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06

hollywood_smile

#5 Post by hollywood_smile »

wow this is sooo awesome!!!!!

i hope you dont forget about us the (future to me) braced friendsa hahaha!!!!!!

congrads and enjoy ur new smileee!!!! :D
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

Dodger(UK)

#6 Post by Dodger(UK) »

D-Day, probably the best day of all the brace journey. Hope all goes well, and it goes like a breeze :)

Pirate Wench

#7 Post by Pirate Wench »

:BigTeethGrin:
Congrats on the debracing day finally coming. Enjoy that new smile.

I hope the appointment goes really well.

Keep us posted.

Brooke

#8 Post by Brooke »

Well, they're off!!! They look great! I was really really weirded out at first because my teeth looked so big without brackets, but the weirdness has gone away. The only thing is my teeth still feel kinda sore. Is that normal? I guess I figured once they were off, the soreness would go away too. Now I am just waiting for my retainer, I have a week to wait, and hoping that the teeth dont move out of place. Even if they do though, wouldn't the retainer move them back to where they should be? Thanks for the support over the years... I just can't believe I made it through!!! :D
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

julesss

#9 Post by julesss »

Brooke wrote:Well, they're off!!! They look great! I was really really weirded out at first because my teeth looked so big without brackets, but the weirdness has gone away. The only thing is my teeth still feel kinda sore. Is that normal? I guess I figured once they were off, the soreness would go away too. Now I am just waiting for my retainer, I have a week to wait, and hoping that the teeth dont move out of place. Even if they do though, wouldn't the retainer move them back to where they should be? Thanks for the support over the years... I just can't believe I made it through!!! :D
Do you teeth look stained or discolored? Any noticeable differences in color where the brackets were applied?

Congratulations!

What are you going to eat to celebrate?

Melancholyrose

Yay

#10 Post by Melancholyrose »

Congrats!! *cheers*