Elastic Torture

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

H Rogers

Elastic Torture

#1 Post by H Rogers »

Okay I've had braces now for about a year and have put up with all the adjustments, headgear and mouth sores. Well my impacted canine is being stubborn and doesn't want to move so the Ortho has me wearing an elastic to pull it down (okay that's fine) I'm all for it well now the elastic is cutting open my lip...... :shock: aaaagggghhhhh all this torture for straight teeth. :-(* Sorry everyone... I just had to vent to others that are going thru it. Thanks for listening or reading in this case..... haa haa :lol:

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

my ortho says eleastics are gonna happen for me when I get my braces finally.. Can't say I'm thrilled.

fins

#3 Post by fins »

It's possible to get used to elastics depending on how many you have and the type. I actually went to put an elastic in and realized I was already wearing one. I was so comfortable with it I forgot it was on. :wink:

cat t

elastics

#4 Post by cat t »

So sorry to hear about that. I did not have a problem with them. Only if I went to eat with people and realized that I had not taken them out. Sometimes tried to "pop" them out without anyone noticing, but some times I would be in a meeting and had them in, food was served, but not to me!