He's staring at me!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

djspeece

Re: He's staring at me!!

#16 Post by djspeece »

metalliKa wrote:I have a silly question...

When you have rubber bands criss-crossing all over your teeth, does your significant other find it off putting when kissing?

:crazy: :jokerlaugh:

I asked because my BF wasn't and still isn't too enthused about my braces. He says I remind him of 007's nemesis, Jaws, when I smile. Anyways, who knows what he'll think once I get rubber bands? The thought of it makes me laugh already.
No problems with intimacy, but then my SO had braces when we first starting seeing each other (she became brace-free a few months later). I still have them, but when I had elastics I did remove them prior to serious kissing. She laughs when she hears the "twang" of the removal of elastics -- "Got something in mind, mister?" She actually never said that but we had a lot of fun with it. My little motto -- "When romance is near, elastics disappear!"
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

metalliKa

#17 Post by metalliKa »

My little motto -- "When romance is near, elastics disappear!"
I LOVE IT!!! :-*
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554

Kipepeo

#18 Post by Kipepeo »

djspeece wrote:
metalliKa wrote:I have a silly question...

When you have rubber bands criss-crossing all over your teeth, does your significant other find it off putting when kissing?

:crazy: :jokerlaugh:

I asked because my BF wasn't and still isn't too enthused about my braces. He says I remind him of 007's nemesis, Jaws, when I smile. Anyways, who knows what he'll think once I get rubber bands? The thought of it makes me laugh already.
No problems with intimacy, but then my SO had braces when we first starting seeing each other (she became brace-free a few months later). I still have them, but when I had elastics I did remove them prior to serious kissing. She laughs when she hears the "twang" of the removal of elastics -- "Got something in mind, mister?" She actually never said that but we had a lot of fun with it. My little motto -- "When romance is near, elastics disappear!"
Ok, so I am the SO Dan speaks of!! Usually I cannot tell if he has elastics in when kissing, except that they restrict mouth opening some. That's the only way I can tell, unless I happen to touch one. But I imagine if there were elastics up front, you would want to remove them first. I don't think those would be conducive to intimacy at all. :wink:

Braces make for fun times, and just remember, they're temporary. I have never seen Dan without braces, though!! :?:

djspeece

#19 Post by djspeece »

Kipepeo wrote:
Braces make for fun times, and just remember, they're temporary. I have never seen Dan without braces, though!! :?:
All will be revealed on Thursday October 29, 2015!

Aye lassie, squint as I approach lest my beauty blind ye! :roll:
Dan

metalliKa

#20 Post by metalliKa »

Kipepeo and djspeece, it's awesome to know that you're going through this life changing journey together and that nothing of metal or plastic impeded you from enjoying moments of romance and intimacy! If I may be so bold, I gather you two are a match made in Archwired.com
:tingrin: :heart: :tingrin:

And djspeece, please, know that we, as your fellows metal mouths here at AW, will be in the audience with Kipepeo upon the day of your reveal. :jump:

djspeece

#21 Post by djspeece »

Thanks MetalliKa!
Indeed, it was Archwired that brought us together on our improbable journey. Neither of us was looking for the other, but I was interested in learning a bit more about this person who was writing these very interesting posts. I researched her user name, and discovered it meant "butterfly" in Swahili. I have long been interested in butterflies and have a large butterfly garden filled with plants to attract butterflies and to support their various life stages. On the forum, I had related a story of how my ex used to call me Daniel in front of people because I think she thought it made me seem more sophisticated, or more intelligent, or something. I really disliked it and told her so, but on it went. I'm definitely a "Dan," and to my childhood friends (and Kipepeo) "Danny." I was interviewing for my current position about 8 years ago and was chatting with the vice president, who asked me if I wanted to be called Dan or Daniel -- I said "Dan is fine, I only go by Daniel when I want people to think I'm smart" and he had a good laugh at that. I try not to take myself too seriously!
I think I was also writing about the annual Christmas Rebuttal Letter I wrote in response to my ex's syrupy, completely unrealistic everything-is-wonderful one (we sent them in the same envelope; I let the children draw a picture on mine; she's have none of that). Anyhow then the teasing started and Kipepeo started calling me Daniel, as a joke. Then she noticed my location, which was in the same county as hers. We eventually met in person, had a wonderful day together riding around and talking, and laughing -- lots of that. I think my sense of humor carried the day. Phew! :jump:
Is it just me or are these braces more annoying than ever right now?
Dan

Kipepeo

#22 Post by Kipepeo »

It's a reveal before the reveal!
Yes we met because of the metal mouth forum. Dan was the only person in real life I told of my impending braces removal. I kept it a secret from everyone else.

Archwired will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Now if I could just see what he really looks like!

Kipepeo

#23 Post by Kipepeo »

Here is the thread on the Christmas rebuttal;
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... al#p426723

TheProfessor

#24 Post by TheProfessor »

Thanks for finally revealing the story behind the archwired hookup!!! It sounds like you two are a great match!!!

Good luck with the big reveal :mrgreen:
Braces installed on March 25, 2014: Damon clears on top and metal on bottom.
I had braces for 25 months!

jaime

#25 Post by jaime »

You guys met on ArchWired?! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. I wonder if Lynn knows, I bet she'd love this story.
SARPE: December 19, 2013
Expander out/TPA in: May 13th, 2014
Upper and lower braces: May 21, 2014
Lefort I + BSSO + sliding genioplasty: June 11, 2015
TPA out: December 17, 2015 (due to issues)
Braces off: November 28th, 2016!!!
My blog
My ArchWired thread (last updated November 29th, 2016)

metalliKa

#26 Post by metalliKa »

Djspeece and Kipepeo, your chance meeting here on archwired is so interesting! And what's even more fascinating is that it blossomed into a respectful relationship! I can't get over it! I love hearing stories about how a couple met. And Djspeece, you definitely need to thank the butterflies in your garden for they brought you your very own human-sized butterfly!

So romantic!

Kipepeo

#27 Post by Kipepeo »

And Daniel had a choice before he got braces: implant, partial, braces. If he had not chosen the braces, well, I hate to think of the alternative.

NeilH

#28 Post by NeilH »

That's such a nice story. It would be lovely to meet up with other archwired regulars but with us all so widely spread out might have to find a technological solution?

metalliKa

#29 Post by metalliKa »

Kipepeo wrote:And Daniel had a choice before he got braces: implant, partial, braces. If he had not chosen the braces, well, I hate to think of the alternative.
Uh oh! You named him what he does not want to be named! Someone's going to get its butterfly wings clipped!

JK

I believe you two would have met under different circumstances had Daniel :gavel: :-+ decided against braces. The mysteries of the Stars have their ways of alignment.