Self-litigating braces I gates continually opening

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: You must make a post within 12 HOURS of registering, or your account will be deleted. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board IMMEDIATELY. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering. We just ask that if you do register, please plan to post a message within 12 hours so that we know that your registration is not a "junk" or "spam" registration.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

angelina

Self-litigating braces I gates continually opening

#1 Postby angelina » Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 pm

I have an appointment to have a gate closed that has opened approx 1 week after a wire change. This is the fourth time in as many months. I only notice them open when my teeth start looking atrocious.

Is this a common thing with self-litigating braces? This is including doing the right thing by not eating hard/sticky foods.

I'm supposed to be 8 weeks from having my braces taken off and my teeth look woeful, my orthodontist is away so all I can hope for is for them to stick a rubber band around it and hope for the best.

This experience is leaving me feeling rather depressed at the moment.

djspeece

Re: Self-litigating braces I gates continually opening

#2 Postby djspeece » Mon May 08, 2017 7:28 am

The tech should be able to close that gate, it seems like a simple thing. In fact if you read the thread "Confess Your Orthodontic Sins" you'll find some real reprobates who open and close their own brackets at will! Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

bracinglp

#3 Postby bracinglp » Wed May 10, 2017 8:09 am

I've heard people talk about opening and closing the gates at will also.

Bracingmyself33

#4 Postby Bracingmyself33 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm able to open a particular gate... sometimes 1 or 2 brush bristle got stuck there and I managed to open the gate and remove them myself.

No biggie unless the wire is obviously loose and out of the gates.

flowers4kelly

#5 Postby flowers4kelly » Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 pm

[quote="djspeece"]The tech should be able to close that gate, it seems like a simple thing. In fact if you read the thread "Confess Your Orthodontic Sins" you'll find some real reprobates who open and close their own brackets at will! Best of luck to you.[/quote]

Hahaha , reprobates. I saw that, too and wondered why in the world anyone would do that.

Return to “Metal Mouth Forum”