How do I fix these lines on my face?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: You must make a post within 12 HOURS of registering, or your account will be deleted. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board IMMEDIATELY. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering. We just ask that if you do register, please plan to post a message within 12 hours so that we know that your registration is not a "junk" or "spam" registration.

ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Do not post full-face photos or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

RedLips

How do I fix these lines on my face?

#1 Postby RedLips » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:01 pm

I'm in my mid-twenties and have always had these very pronounced lines around my mouth.

I have a slight overbite and a gummy smile and a way-too-long midface (distance between eyes and lips), so I know that part of my issue is vertical maxillary excess. I am going to speak with some doctors about that.

I've had fillers put into my lips and chin (because I have a slightly recessed chin) and cheeks (to add volume so my face doesn't look THAT long.)

But I've always had these lines - I guess they're nasolabial lines and marionette lines - when I speak or smile or move my face. I'm too young for wrinkles and I've always had these lines. So what are they from? And how can I fix them? Is that even possible?

I just hate looking at photos or videos of myself and wanting to throw up because I'm hideous. Any help is appreciated. Would orthodontics fix this problem?

Here are the photos: http://imgur.com/a/FhHCH

djspeece

Re: How do I fix these lines on my face?

#2 Postby djspeece » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:51 pm

You're certainly not hideous, to the contrary. You seen to have very pronounced cheek bones, which is a big plus. But you're perception is what's important. I don't know if orthodontics would make much of a change or not, so of course a consultation is a good idea. Best of luck to you.
Dan

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. -- Buddist saying

Rebeccasmells

#3 Postby Rebeccasmells » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:01 am

Jaw surgery will change your face? So perhaps see ortho? You can get Botox in upper lip for a gummy smile btw.

Nozzelnut

#4 Postby Nozzelnut » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:47 pm

Opposite side of the coin; I never had them until double jaw surgery. Recessed chin and retraction orthodontics growing up will do that...

Most folks do have them and you're not hideous!
Upper ceramics 5/21/14, Lower stainless 5/28/14
Double jaw surgery was 6/18/15. Estimated time Jan 2016; still on at my 2 year anniversary...

I'm emphatically against extraction orthodontics! It's easier for the orthodontist; not better for the patient!!!

Return to “Metal Mouth Forum”