Braces Back On?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

married2abuckeye

Braces Back On?

#1 Post by married2abuckeye »

Just wondering if anyone had their Ortho re-brace them after getting debanded? I've had my braces off for a week now and there are some spaces I know CAN be closed but I was going to go for a cosmetic restoration. After further consultation w/dentist, I have decided I do not want to pursue that route. Is it too late, or do you think my Ortho will be willing/able to fix this for me? I know there will probably be extra costs involved, but likely nothing compared to the cosmetic restoration bill! I have an appointment with my Ortho next week but I just wanted to see if others had experiences like this.

Follow my metal-mouthed journey here

artroxu

#2 Post by artroxu »

I've heard elsewhere on this site that certain types of retainers can close gaps, but that's just what I've heard. I think they are called Hawleys? Anyone else know more about this?

jess214

#3 Post by jess214 »

I was wondering the same thing. There are some things that I'd like fixed (I got debanded exactly a week ago) but am afraid to ask because I don't want them to think I'm difficult to please/unreasonable/just downright annoying.

Let me know what you find out.
braced w/ ceramic brackets & wire ligs - 28th Nov, 06
debanded! + Essix retainers - 5th Nov, 08