Lower teeth soreness

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Juliet584

Lower teeth soreness

#1 Post by Juliet584 »

I just had my lowers fitted last week, and the pain is MUCH worse than when I had my upper ones done and is taking far longer to subside. The teeth themselves are incredibly sore and also the rubbing against the underside of my tongue is almost unbearable. I'm using my wax for the first time to help with the latter problem (never needed it with the uppers) but I can't apply wax every day for the next year... does the pain from rubbing brackets ever go away? Is there anything I can do to ease the tenderness in the teeth generally? I've been taking painkillers but they don't seem to be doing anything. It's driving me crazy!!

iob

Re: Lower teeth soreness

#2 Post by iob »

Hi Juliet - Yes the lower linguals also aggravated my tongue more than the uppers did (uppers impacted speech more). It does go away, but even approaching two years with braces I still find that a tongue flare up happens every month or so toward the back, but those go away after maybe two days with wax. You're doing the right thing with the wax. I'm not aware of much else to do except time, though I did follow advice and do some salt water swishes early on. I have no idea if it helped. All I cared about was that the tissue irritation died down gradually over a [3 week?] period, if I recall correctly. Maybe a little quicker or longer, but I definitely recall being more focused on speech during month 2 than I was on ulcers. Don't worry, you won't have a mouth full of wax for two years.