Newbie - Hello, appreciate all your advice please!

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LittlePolly

Newbie - Hello, appreciate all your advice please!

#1 Post by LittlePolly »

Hello, I am still very much in the pondering stage of seeking out treatment to straighten my teeth. They really bother me, some days more then others but am starting to explore options, costs etc.

It feels so far away thinking about the prospect of straight teeth... Anyway, I think I have decided on lingual for the top (the worst affected) and ceramic for the bottom.

I am really worried about the physical fitting, the lisp (I have a job where I have to talk quite a bit!) And the cost - I am in the UK. Any advice, information, words of wisdom really appreciated. It has taken me a lot to come on here and even type this!

Thanks in advance

iob

Re: Newbie - Hello, appreciate all your advice please!

#2 Post by iob »

Feel free to ask any questions on this or other threads during your pondering stage. I'm sure you'll find some really helpful information, but in the end it's obviously up to you to decide if you've found the right practice and plan for you.

As for looking into lingual on top and ceramic on the bottom, I think there's a lot to like about that combination. The ceramic bottom should lower the cost compared to full linguals without giving up that much on visibility. I started out with ceramic lower brackets before switching to lingual on top and bottom. I've been happy with the linguals, but if sticking with the ceramic brackets on the lower meant a lower cost I think I would go that way knowing what I now know.

Good luck with your decision!