Countdown 3 days to full Incognito top and bottom....

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

latebracefaceINCOG

Re: Countdown 3 days to full Incognito top and bottom....

#16 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

I forgot to post these, which was at the installation of the Alastiks......

SO BEFORE THE ABOVE PICS (4wks prior)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

latebracefaceINCOG

#17 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

OK, so I went for an adjustment today......ouchie...

Bottom wire changed from a light, circular 0.014, to a rectangle, 0.016 x 0.022, with Alastik ties...

Top - no wire change but on my front six teeth, instead of Alastik ties, they put these little, very tight ties, with a true "power chain", which started out about 1/2" long, and is stretching from canine to canine tooth.....keep in mind this happened 7 hours ago....my top six teeth have moved SO MUCH in this time, I have taken pics to show everyone....there is no such thing as biting down right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

latebracefaceINCOG

#18 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Last pic after appointment

latebracefaceINCOG

#19 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Here is a close up of the torture device known as the "power chain".....I was warned I would be getting these six teeth tied together with metal once they come together... :(

latebracefaceINCOG

#20 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Halfway there..... before rubberbands, which are coming next month.....VERY NERVOUS>>>>

latebracefaceINCOG

#21 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Front view....

iob

#22 Post by iob »

latebracefaceINCOG wrote:Halfway there..... before rubberbands, which are coming next month.....VERY NERVOUS>>>>
You're already half done after just six months? That's incredibly fast, but looking at the amazing progress I guess I'm not surprised. Just a bit jealous!

Elastics with linguals can be interesting. Do you know if your ortho is going to have you wear them on the lingual side, or will you have "buttons" on the outside for them?

verso

#23 Post by verso »

Yeah I'm jealous too. I was considering lingual top but ultimately decided against it as the speech thing was just too big a gamble for me to take.

I'm an English teacher. All I do is read aloud and speak, and it's crucial that I'm able to pronounce words correctly. I wasn't about to roll the dice on lingual with all that on the line.

BUT! I'll live vicariously through you! Your teeth are looking great!

latebracefaceINCOG

#24 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Hey all, haven't been on for a while and need to update some new photos.....I am on my 4th wire right now....and elastics....going from canine tooth bracket on lingual side to two buttons on outside bottom. They are called vertical elastics i guess...dont know if this will change or not.

I have to wear the elastics 24 hours...my teeth have moved!!

The elastics suck....but even more so, something strange happened last wire....it literally broke on top and bottom. On the top a 1/2" piece broke off from between my back two molars on the top right....and so I called the ortho and went right in, they changed to the next wire, and when the bottom wire was removed, it was also broken.....I called 3m and the ortho is sending them the wire...that is not supposed to happen, so I look forward to hearing some kind of explanation from someone.

It is pretty cool to watch how much my teeth have moved - I forgot what they looked like until i logged into this board. Thanks for all the kind words...I definitely can see incredible progress in a short period of time. For those of you just starting, i think the beginning and these elastics are the worst part....

I will get new pics up soon.

latebracefaceINCOG

#25 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Oh and verso - I literally have no speech issues - it really was only the first 7 days to two weeks..... and when the wires changed sometimes it was a little hard at first, but no one else seemed to hear it but me :)

latebracefaceINCOG

#26 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

PHOTO UPDATES WITH VERTICAL ELASTICS

latebracefaceINCOG

#27 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

MORE PICS

HelenC

#28 Post by HelenC »

Hey

I am getting my linguals (WIN - which I think is just a version of Incognito) next week. Very nervous about the pain, the speech and the eating. Reading through your posts has definitely helped so far though!!

Still a bit of weight loss will be good and its not as if my job (as a teacher) requires me to speak much :roll:

latebracefaceINCOG

#29 Post by latebracefaceINCOG »

Helen it is not that bad, it is actually very exciting. You unfortunately do not lose weight like I thought you would because all you can eat sometimes are mashed potatoes and eggs. :) Sometimes you mumble funny, but people do not actually notice it as much as you do. Congratulations - glad i could help a little. :)