Incognito "lite"

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lani64

Incognito "lite"

#1 Post by Lani64 »

On March 22nd I got the incognito lite put on my teeth. I was actually not expecting how difficult it was to talk or eat. I couldn't, and still can't, bite down all the way with my back molars. (no pizza or steak for a while) Does this get any better??? I am eating soup, fish, yogurt and cottage cheese. Slowly getting used to chewing without "full power"... :HugeGrin: My speech is lispy, it was hard to come back to work and answer the phones. It seems to be getting better, but I highly doubt the lisp will go away with these on. My tongue got totally cut up. I am using lots of wax AND going tomorrow to the ortho get a sharp wire end filed down. Weekend was miserable but today, day 6, I am feeling a bit better.

smilingoutloud22

Re: Incognito "lite"

#2 Post by smilingoutloud22 »

Congrats! Happy to hear you are doing better now after the weekend. I have regular Damons but can totally relate to the struggle to learn how to eat with "full power" again and to speak with colleagues in person and on the phone with the lisp from bite turbos I have. At least now my tongue rests normally in my mouth again - every day I'm fighting to say those "s" words better but definitely thinking about it a lot less than in the first week or two.

I love pizza and steak and feel your pain! I'm at the point now where I'm forcing myself to suck it up and just got for it (carefully of course)! Good luck!

Lani64

Re: Incognito "lite"

#3 Post by Lani64 »

Thanks! I actually went to the orthodontist yesterday afternoon and he filed the couple of wires down that were scrapping my tongue (ouch!) and I feel better today. I am trying not to use any wax now. AND I am talking slowly..lol. That seems to cut down on my lisp :D