iBraces/3M - Extended Delays in Receiving Brackets?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

NorCal75

iBraces/3M - Extended Delays in Receiving Brackets?

#1 Post by NorCal75 »

Hello,

I'm new to the board. I was suppose to have my iBraces installed in late Feb 2009, however there has been delay after delay in receiving the brackets from 3M. I'm now scheduled for middle of May (assuming they get their issues lined out this time).

I was wondering if anyone else on here has been getting their banding date pushed out due to all the production problems from 3M?

I hope 3M is willing to cough up a partial refund for all the delays and lost treatment time.

Anyone else going thru this or gone thru this before with iBraces/3M?

Thanks
NorCal75

rolo

#2 Post by rolo »

I am curious because my ortho just sent of the Incognito for a new bracket and I am waiting for it to come back. Has anyone had anything from the Incognito lab without delays?

I am just wondering if this has something to do with the pound vs euro (are you in the UK) as orders are paid for in euros, was your ortho hoping the pound would recover and waited for a while to see if this would happen before the order was put in?

The usual protocol, my ortho uses is that the surgery email Incognito, to say something is coming, they then email to confirm receipt and also let him know if whatever it is is not going to be ready or if it will not be ready for the next sheduled appointment. Maybe you could ask about this? My ortho seemed to think everything pretty much takes six weeks, although Incognito like them to allow 8 wks or check first before sheduling appointments before the 8 wks. Replacement brackets can come sooner, but initial stuff takes 6 weeks.

Good luck with your treatment

NorCal75

#3 Post by NorCal75 »

I'm in Northern California. My ortho claims the delays are due to manufacturing issues at the molding plant in Texas. From poorly skilled technicians to working out bugs with a new molding machine.

I assume since you are in the UK, yours will be manufactured over there - - Germany?

Let's keep each other posted.

Good luck.

rolo

#4 Post by rolo »

Yes, it's coming from the lab in Germany, but they are still aiming to get it back within four weeks, although no promises, as it has to get from Germany to the UK.

Have you thought of contacting the lab direct to verify? This just seems so different to the German lab. Have they acknowledged receipt of the work?

Good luck with getting the lab work back

NorCal75

#5 Post by NorCal75 »

Well, it seems my threats to cancel my order worked. My ortho called back the next day and said the bottom bracket would be ready on Monday. I got the bottom bracket on yesterday.

The fun has begun.

rolo

#6 Post by rolo »

Great, so pleased you have finally been able to get started. The first few weeks are the worst. I spent most of it eating wax, it's been worth it, now I hardly know they are there.

DrJasonKTam

delays

#7 Post by DrJasonKTam »

Been hearing about some problems with delays at the lab, including up to 20 weeks for cases to return...

3M took over the company last year and has done an excellent job marketing. This may be an issue of marketing being ahead of the ability to produce the product.
Dr. Jason Tam
Toronto Invisalign, Scarborough braces, and Markham Orthodontist
Diamond Plus Invisalign Provider
Thrice Published in the Invisalign Case Gallery

http://www.mcosmiles.com

Learn all about Toronto Invisalign at http://www.torontobraces.ca.

Before and After Invisalign Video 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNTVxoTQqR8
Before and After Invisalign Video 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcwlyL-sg8