They are coming OFF!

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bunny

They are coming OFF!

#1 Post by Bunny »

Hi, All. I have been reading this message board since before I got my braces in February of 2004, but this is my first post. I went to my ortho today and he said, make an appointment for three weeks and we will take them off. I was almost crying!:D BTW, I was 54 when I got them on and am 56 now, so I think that makes me one of the older folks here :P

I told my ortho that the best thing about having braces is the improvement in my bite. Yes, I know I will be happy with the way I look, but I didn't even know that my bite was so bad until it was fixed!

This forum has been such a help to me, answering questions I didn't know I had and giving me advice I didn't even know I needed! Thanks, everyone!

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on your debanding! That is so exciting.

I am in the same boat. I have had braces for 8 months and my bite is soooo much better. I had no idea how bad it was before. My primary reason for getting braces was to fix my bite. I hope my teeth do look alot better in the process.

I only have type 1 malocclusion and I can't imagine how it must be for people who have worse issues.

Congrats again!!!!
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

WOW!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What wonderful news!!

Were you in linguals?

My teeth were a MESS but I didn't know my bite was bad (class 2). Now that my bite is starting to move to it's right place, it feels weird. But a GOOD weird!!

My teeth are straight (now) and my upper jaw is moving back...life is GOOD!

I hope you can post pictures here (teeth only of course). Would love to see the results of your "labor"! :D
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm