Does wax fix the speech problem?

Discussions relating to Lingual Braces (behind-the-teeth) only, such as iBraces and LingualCare.

Moderator: bbsadmin

chinglnc

Does wax fix the speech problem?

#1 Postby chinglnc » Sun May 21, 2017 10:46 am

Hello

I read that one of the main downside of having lingual is the speech ability. I am aware that they are some cases where this issue remain throughout the treatment.

I am wondering whether using wax would solve the problem?

What is the long term effect of using 'too much' wax?

I would be grateful if you share your experience.

Thank you

KHbraced

Re: Does wax fix the speech problem?

#2 Postby KHbraced » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:09 am

It helped me quite about when I first got my lingual braces. I've never heard of wax causing any problems from wearing it too often, I think you can wear it as often as you need to!

chinglnc

#3 Postby chinglnc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:31 pm

KHbraced wrote:It helped me quite about when I first got my lingual braces. I've never heard of wax causing any problems from wearing it too often, I think you can wear it as often as you need to!

I guess the only downside is that we have to take it out when eating/drinking?

Shelleyt

#4 Postby Shelleyt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Wax unfortunately did not help my speech issue initially. It did help for pain- I got some pain due to dry mouth and tongue contact for the first three months. However I will say speech was only a major issue for about a week. By the end of week two I sounded perfectly normal to everyone but myself- still get a little mumble mouthed from time to time, esp if mouth is dry (or if I am drunk... but is that really the braces...) but nothing major. That being said everyone is different so it's possible you could have more speech issues than I did!

chinglnc

#5 Postby chinglnc » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:16 am

that's useful to know.

It sounds like we can use any silicon material as wax? I read some people use earplug as the wax...but not sure how effective it is..

KHbraced

#6 Postby KHbraced » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:51 pm

[quote="chinglnc"][quote="KHbraced"]It helped me quite about when I first got my lingual braces. I've never heard of wax causing any problems from wearing it too often, I think you can wear it as often as you need to![/quote]

I guess the only downside is that we have to take it out when eating/drinking?[/quote]

Yes but that hasn't been too big of a deal to me personally

Return to “Lingual Braces”