New Here - Hoping to help my 2 teen children

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

graciebaby28

New Here - Hoping to help my 2 teen children

#1 Post by graciebaby28 »

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself, as per the rules I read above. My son (17) and daughter (14) just recently had their braces put on, and I am just looking for any tips I can find for them, really. They will be in them for 2 years or so, and my son is taking it better than my daughter is. She has started to get used to them though, so I'm thankful she is coming around. Having never had braces myself, I was just hoping to find a place where I can get info for them and try and help them through this. My son has only had his braces on since March, and already the improvement is just breathtaking. I am excited for them and their end results.

Thank you so much for having me. I look forward to interacting with everyone here, and celebrating the joy that will come with each of your journey's.

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: New Here - Hoping to help my 2 teen children

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Hey I wished I had gotten braces as a teen but it never fell through, and now at age 20 I have braces. If they're worried about it being socially awkward, it won't be take it from me as a Pre Med college student. I find it fine :) If you need any questions answers just hollar.
Jenn Medeiros