Newbie.

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

Newbie tin grin

Newbie.

#1 Post by Newbie tin grin »

New to the game. I just got braces three days ago, and I hit the teeth crappot. I have a large over bite, on the bottom I have a tooth growing behind the another one because of crowding. I have baby teeth because my body just didn't feel like growing twelve year molars to push them out. And just a week before my braces I got my bottom wisdom teeth cut out. Well the braces hurt, and I know that they will for a while. So my question is, they put spacers in but I read that they normally take them out in ten days and my next appointment is May 25. What's going on? Also due to the crowding they want to have the baby teeth pulled so why did they even bother to put spacers in if the teeth won't be there much longer? I'm getting really annoyed with all the discomfort and taking the spacers out myself sounds like a dream!