new here!!

If your child is in any stage of orthodontic treatment, this is a place to connect with other parents in your situation. Please note: this is a forum for adults only -- kids may not post here!

Moderator: bbsadmin

kbd348

new here!!

#1 Post by kbd348 »

Hi! I am new here. Looking for info. on braces & oral surgery. Was told our son has 2 impacted canine teeth in the roof of his mouth and needs braces & oral surgery to remove the 2 baby canines & bring in the adult ones. Also said he has an overbite & cant remember what else!! Trying to decide whether to put him through it or leave it alone. Do not think he will cooperate and go through it......any one been through it?? Any one left things alone & are fine still?

Phantom Muse

#2 Post by Phantom Muse »

These sorts of problems are SO MUCH easier to fix when a patient is younger. If left alone, other issues can arise, and it is doubtful that the problems you describe will fix themselves.

It can be quite a ride, but I had teeth pulled as an early teen and headgear and braces, etc. and I am so very grateful for it now. So many other kids were having work done on their teeth, too, so I never felt socially uncomfortable.

If your son won't cooperate with treatment, it isn't worth it, but be sure he understands what a positive change he will experience by having this work done. To me, it's a bit like asking a math-reticent child to do his math! He may not see the value in it now, but looking back, he will appreciate the knowledge and will be better off as a result.

Good luck!